Part 4

Part Four

It's been a week and I'm all settled in, even though it only took me a about 2 days to get unpacked etc. Today Lexi and my mum were being flown over and I'm so so excited! I honestly don't know how I've coped over the past week without her. But, seeing as I had work today I wasn't allowed to go to the airport and meet them there as I wouldn't get there in time. So I just have to sit around and wait until I hear a knock on the door.

I was currently sat on the couch with my laptop on my legs and the tv on, even though I was paying no attention to it whatsoever. I was trying to design a poster for a upcoming Cancer Research UK event but was having no luck at all; none of my designs seemed good enough or looked elegable.

I sighed in frustration after deleting another design, yet again, as a call came through from Skype - Astt! - Why's he Skyping me? That's odd. Regardless, I answered the call anyway.

"Hellooo Jess!" He smiled, waving idiotically at the camera.

"Hi," I giggled, waving back.

"What's got you in such a hyper mood?"

"Babes I'm always hyper, but I've just come back from our tour meeting and I'm buzzing!"

"Aw, bless you. How's everything with tour going then, if you don't mind me asking?" I asked, not wanting to sound nosey about his work life.

"Course I don't, I like that you're interested about my work," He smiled sweetly.

"It's going great so far. I mean, we've only decided on the set list, what kind of merch we're selling, how many dates we're doing and where. It's not much but,"

"It's enough to get you all hyped up?"

"Exactly that!"

"I don't want to sound rude Ast, but why did you Skype me?"

"Huh? What d'you mean?"

"You live right across the hall, why Skype me?" I repeated.

"Hmm, I don't actually know. I'll be 2 minutes." He smiled, before signing off. Then a couple of minutes later there was a knock at my door.

"Cannot believe you Skyped me." I laughed, opening the door and letting him in.

"I was buzzing, I had to do something."

"And you didn't think to come over?"

"I wasn't thinking at all babe." He smiled, as I rolled my eyes and made my way back over to the couch.

"Ah ah, don't sit down."

"Why not? It's my house." I frowned.

"Where's my hug?" He asked, opening his arms out.

"If you wanted one before, you could've just said." I giggled, turning back around and giving him a hug.

"You still waiting on Lexi?" He asked, helping himself to a drink from my fridge. Since we awkwardly met at the airport and spent all that time together that day, at the hospital and then at his place for dinner, it's either been him at my place or me at his.

"Yeah, they were meant to be here an hour ago and my mum's not text me or anything, should I be worried?" I asked, as he sat on the couch.

"No, they'll be fine, I'm sure they just got delayed. Here, let me check." He said, getting his phone out of his pocket.

"Hmm... Yep, here it is," He said, leaning over and showing me his phone.

"The flight's been cancelled and by the looks of it the next flight over here is in 2 days."

"2 days?! I have to wait that long?" I frowned, quite annoyed at the fact that by that time I would've gone 9 days without seeing my daughter.

"I'm sorry Je-"

"You must think I'm crazy." I sighed, as a tear rolled down my face and I stood up.

"I don't think-"

"I just want to see my daughter! It's been a week and I haven't seen her or spoke to her, I just miss her OK?! You don't have a child, you don't know what this is like! She's 2 years old and on the other side of the world, I-"

"JESSICA!" Aston shouted, standing up, startling me a bit seeing as I've never heard him shout before. Plus, he called me 'Jessica' and not 'Jess' like he normally does.

"Will you stop?" He said, holding onto my elbows.

"I don't think you're crazy. I understand how hard this must be for you okay? And I know I don't have a child myself but I'm away from my mum most of the time and I hate it. It is hard but the feeling you get when you see them after being away from them for a while is, it's like no other, it's amazing. And you'll get that when you see Lexi when she turns up."

"No I know, it's just.. I've never been away from her for this long and I just really miss her." I said, as another tear fell down my face.

"I know you do babe, I know." Aston smiled weakly, before pulling me into a hug.

"I'm sorry for going all crazy on you." I mumbed into his shoulder.

"You didn't go crazy, you just miss your little girl."

"I just want to get really drunk right now." I laughed slightly, pulling away from the hug.

"I won't say no to that." He laughed.

"Who said you were invited?"

"I'm not going to let you get drunk on your own, am I?" He asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Aw, you're too good to me." I smiled.

"Got to look after my girl don't I?" He winked.

"Yes you do." I laughed, going over to the fridge and getting both me and Aston an alcholic drink.

"Lets get drunk."