Part 54

Part Fifty Four

I poured myself a glass of wine before sitting back on the couch. What the hell was I thinking? Obviously I wasn't. I can't believe I've hurt his feelings like that. After my glass was empty, which didn't take long, I started to clean the living room up. As I was putting the cushions back on the couch, a voice startled me.

"What you doing?" I turned around and Aston was stood leaning on the kitchen door.

"Ast!" I sighed, rushing over and wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I'm so so sorry, I didn't mean to upset you, I wasn't thinking." I rambled as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Babe it's fine, you were right. We've done everything to do on a first date, I guess tonight was a bit pointless." Aston sighed.

"No it wasn't, it was fun. Up until I fucked it up." I said, pulling back and shaking my head.

"You didn't fuck it up," Aston chuckled lightly, resting his hands on the sides of my face.

"But we needed a first date before anything actually happened between us."

"So now that we've kinda had a first date, I can be your girlfriend?"

"No I was thinking more along the lines of a second date." He smirked before I hit his arm.

"Hey, don't make fun of me." I moaned.

"Sorry, I couldn't miss out on that one," Aston laughed.

"But, I'd love it if you were my girlfriend." He grinned before leaning down and kissing me softly.

"Really?"

"God yeah! I've been waiting for this for 3 years."

"3 years? Ast I'm sorry." I sighed.

"You've got nothing to be sorry for, it's all my fault for keeping quiet about the whole thing." Aston shrugged, tucking a bit of loose hair behind my ear.

"Yeah but-"

"But nothing, you've got to stop blaming yourself for everything that happens between us."

"I know," I sighed, sitting down on the sofa.

"I can't help it, after-" There goes my big mouth again! I cut myself off before I gave Ast any information that I wasn't ready to tell him about yet.

"After what?" Aston asked, sitting down next to me.

"Jess, after what?" He pressed, linking his fingers through mine.

"I can't tell you," I said as Aston let out a sigh of frustration.

"Why not? Jess this isn't going to work out if you keep secrets from me."

"It's not a secret, I just don't know if now's the right time!"

"Babe unless you tell me what's gone on or whatever happened to you then we can't go forward with this." Aston sighed, releasing my hand and heading upstairs.

What do I do now? I really want to be with Aston but I don't know if I'm ready to tell Aston about Lexi's dad and what he did and why I've not been in a relationship for over 5 years, well bar Danny. Do I tell him or not?

Vote/Comment if you liked this part or just the story in general

Thank you so much for reading..as always X