Part 2

Part Two

"Come on, we'll take my car." He said, pressing a button on his keys, unlocking his car before getting in.

I tried to memorize the route that Aston was taking, in order to get to the nearest supermarket, but I just couldn't concentrate. You have a go at trying to concentrate whilst there's a very hyperactive 20 year old boy sitting next to you - it's not happening.

"Tell you what, I'll come in with you, need some stuff when I think about it." He said, switching off the engine before we both got out.

"I'm just nipping to the drink aisle, I'll catch up." Aston said, after we'd been in the shop for at least 15 minutes.

"OK." I smiled, before going back to what I was doing.

Half an hour later, I'd got everything I needed and it was all paid for but Aston never did catch up. I don't even know where he went. As I got outside I couldn't spot his car anywhere. I got my phone out to text him when I saw that I already had a message from him, I opening it and it read;

[Sorry, something better came up, or someONE I should say, have fun x]

What the hell? Why did he have to be so mean about it? He could've just said 'something came up', not all that. He seemed so nice, really friendly, yet he comes out with that? Guess it was all a front. I didn't know my way back and I don't know any numbers for a cab. Great. I've got too many bags to walk, what am I supposed to do now? An hour later an I was still sat outside, it's a long shot but I might as well ring him.

M - Me A - Aston

A-Hey

M-Text me a number for a cab please?

A-Er yeah sure, why?

M-Thanks

Then I hung up. Less than a minute later I got a text off him with just a number. Eventually I got home, thanks to the taxi I called. It took me at least 10 minutes to get all of my bags up to my apartment, even with the help of the taxi driver which I was very thankful for, so I gave him a little bit extra money than was needed. I'd unpacked all of my shopping and changed into a pair of my joggers and my favourite dark blue oversized shirt; I'm not going anywhere so why bother? I was just about to turn the tv on when there was a knock at the door.

"Ergh, what?" I mumbled, putting my phone in my pocket and heading for the door. I opened it and Aston was stood there.

"What?" I sighed, I was still pretty annoyed at him for the whole leaving me situation.

"What's wrong with you? You didn't sound OK on the phone." He asked, leaning on the door frame.

"I had no ride and I didn't know my way back home with a load of bags, what do you think?"

"I'm sorry, I completely forgot I had a date today but I told her to text you to explain because I was driving." Aston explained.

"Wait, you didn't text me?" I frowned.

"No, only the taxi number that you asked for, why?"

"Because this is the text I got off you." I said, getting my phone out of my pocket and opening up the text. I passed it to Aston and he frowned when he read it.

"I swear on my life that wasn't me, but I made plans. It wasn't like I could just blow her off." He said, passing me my phone back.

"You just blew me off instead." I mumbled.

"I'm so sorry, can I make it up to you? Please?" Aston pleaded.

"I dunno." I sighed.

"Babe please? I feel terrible, let me do something. Plus you're my friend, I didn't mean to upset you."

"So I'm your friend now am I?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"I hope so," He asked, biting his lip.

"I mean, you still need someone to help show you around." He smirked.

"So I'm your friend now right?" I asked.

"Yeah." He smiled.

"Ah, so I can do this then," I said, before smacking his arm.

"That's for leaving me."

"Being friends with you hurts." He moaned, rubbing his arm.

"Don't leave me then." I smirked.

"Wouldn't dream of it." He smiled.

"Tell you what, come round to mine in about an hour and I'll cook dinner."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeeees, I'm making it up to you." He laughed.

"Alright fine." I smiled.

"Alright, see you in a bit babe." He smiled before pulling me into a hug. An hour later and I turned up at Astons. We ate dinner then after that we sat in his living room talking, not really paying attention to what was on tv.

"Tell me about your family." Aston said, after 10 minutes of talking about random things.

"My dad lives in New York and he's a writer for the biggest newspaper in the city. My oldest brother Daniel's a lawyer and my other older brother Jay is an accountant." I smiled.

"You never mentioned your mum, what does she do?" Aston frowned. I knew he'd ask about my mum, but truth be told I've never told anyone about my mum.

"My mum died of cancer." I mumbled, looking down as my eyes welled up.

"Oh babe, come here." Aston said, moving over to sit next to me, wrapping his arms around .

"I'm so sorry." He whispered. 10 minutes later and I'd stopped crying, after Aston calmed me down a bit.

"You okay now?" He asked, sitting up.

"Yeah, sorry." I laughed, nervously.

"Nah, don't be sorry." He smiled.

"There is one more thing about my family though."

"Yeah? What is it?"

"Don't freak out okay? Promise me."

"I promise I won't freak out, what is it?" He smiled.

"I have a daughter."

"Y-You what?" He stuttered, his eyes wide open.

"I knew this was a bad idea, just forget I said anything, I'll go." I said, getting up and hurrying out of Astons apartment. I looked at the clock in my apartment, 9pm. I've got a long day tomorrow, might as well go to bed.