Part 87

Part Eighty Seven

After our little visit to the doctors, Aston took us home and practically forced me into bed rest. I'd already called up Louise and told her I wasn't going to be in work for the next few days so she'd have to hold the fort for a while.

"What's Lexi up to?" I asked Aston as he walked into our bedroom with two mugs.

"I was playing dollhouse with her for a little while until she just conked out. She's fast asleep in bed." Aston laughed, passing me one mug and sitting on top of the covers next to me.

"Her and that bloody dollhouse, I wish I never bought her that." I sighed, taking a sip of my hot chocolate.

"Yeah about that," Aston uttered, putting his mug on the bedside table.

"What? What did you promise her this time?" I asked, doing the same.

"I didn't promise her anything!" He defended, his hands in the air.

"I was talking to her about her birthday and she said she wanted a new dollhouse and everything to go in it, dolls, the lot."

"What? I got that one for her birthday last year!"

"I know, I just told her I'd talk to you about it, I didn't promise her anything. Besides, I've got a better idea." Aston smiled cheekily before telling me about his idea.

"Aw Ast, she'd love it!" I grinned.

"You think? It just saves buying her something that she's already got or won't need." Aston shrugged, biting his lip.

"I guess so. Are you sure about this? I mean, I know what you're like." I asked, raising my eyebrows at him.

"I suggested it, plus it's not going to be big anyway."

"Course it isn't." I giggled before we carried on the conversation, sorting out Lexi's birthday present.

"That's about the fifth time you've yawned, you get some sleep and I'll start making some calls." Aston smiled, before kissing my forehead quickly and heading downstairs. I couldn't wait for Lexi's birthday now!

Astons P.O.V.

Leaving Jess upstairs to sleep off her bug, I went downstairs and started to make a few phone calls regarding Lexi's birthday present, of course we'd get to see it beforehand but couldn't have it in the house until Lexi's actual birthday. It's towards the end of September now and Lexi's birthday is the beginning of November, so that gives us plenty of time to get everything sorted, in time for Christmas and Jess' sister's wedding.

"Hey kiddo." I smiled, looking up from the iPad before carrying on researching, as Lexi strolled into the living room.

"Aston I'm hungry." Lexi said, leaning on my arm of the chair.

"When aren't you? Can never fill you!" I laughed, poking her belly making her giggle.

"Can I have a cookie please?" She asked sweetly, giving me the puppy dog eyes, knowing exactly how to make me give in.

"Fine, but just one! You'll be having your tea soon and if your mum found out she'd kill me." I chuckled before Lexi ran out of the living room into the kitchen to get herself a cookie.

After a bit more research I dug out my phone and made a quick call to Jess' sister.

M - Me L - Louise

L - Hello?

M - Hey Louise, it's Aston.

L - Ohh hey Ast, what's up?

M - Listen, what've you got planned tomorrow night?

L - Not much, crappy tv and a takeaway with Marcus, why?

M - Do you reckon you could do me a favour?

L - What time do you want me to pick her up?

M - *laughs* er, about 4ish?

L - Yeah sure, that's fine. Is she stopping over or what?

M - I dunno, I don't know how long we'll be out til.

L - Tell you what, pack her an overnight bag and she can sleep over, then I'll take her to school on Monday morning before heading off to work?

M - That sounds great Louise, thanks a lot, you're really helping me out here.

L - So what've you got planned for her?

M - Nothing special, just a night out for dinner and maybe go to a bar afterwards. Just thought it'd be nice to give her the night off I suppose.

L - She'll love it no doubt, listen I'm going to have to go, the salon's getting quite busy now.

M - Alright no worries, see you tomorrow.

L - Yeah, okay, see you Ast.

Soon as I hung up I heard movement coming from upstairs. I left Lexi to her own devices while I checked on Jess. She wasn't in bed and the bathroom door was closed, a retching sound came from the bathroom so I'm guessing her illness woke her up. I just hope she's well enough for tomorrow night.

Vote/Comment if you liked this part or just the story in general

Thankyou so much for reading..as always X