Part 85

Part Eighty Five

Astons P.O.V.

Waking up early on Saturday morning, I rolled over expecting Jess to be laid beside me, but to my surprise the bed was empty. There was no note, nothing to let me know where she was. I clocked my phone on the bedside table and grabbed it to give her a call, only to be greeted with a text from Jess. She'd gone into the salon early because there was a delivery coming in and she thought it would take her mind off things.

After getting out of bed I had a quick shower to freshen up, changing into a fresh pair of joggers and my training vest, deciding to spend an hour in the home gym before Lexi wakes up knowing that she'll be asleep for at least another hour. Taking my headphones and plugging them into my phone, I made my way downstairs, not before taking a quick peep into Lexi's bedroom to see her fast asleep.

Half way through my work out I decided to break my routine a little bit by doing a selection of sit ups. During a sit up I spotted a small figure in the doorway, scaring the life out of me.

"When did you wake up?" I asked Lexi, taking the headphones out of my ears and sitting on the exercise bench behind me.

"Just." Lexi yawned, rubbing her eyes.

"You know you're not supposed to be down here." I told her, resting my elbows on my knees.

"Sorry." She mumbled, looking down and playing with her pyjamas.

"I'm kidding Lex, you can come in if you want. Just don't tell Mummy." I chuckled as she made her way over to the bench.

"Where's Mummy?" Lexi asked, leaning against the bench.

"She's gone to work but she'll be back soon." I told her, brushing her hair out of her face.

"Can I do what you just did?"

"What? Sit ups?" I smirked, putting my phone at the side of me as she nodded.

"Alright, lie on the floor," I chuckled, standing up as Lexi did as I told her.

"Bend your knees and pull yourself up while I've got hold of your feet." I said, placing my hands on her feet.

I have to say, watching Lexi attempt to do sit ups is quite entertaining considering she kept falling down most of the time. A little while later, when Lexi had gotten bored of exercising, we went back up to the kitchen and I made her some breakfast, making sure she was okay why I went and got myself changed again. When I got downstairs Lexi was sat on the same place on the couch but with her bowl now on the coffee table. I picked up her bowl and took it back into the kitchen, making myself a cup of coffee while I was in there before making my way back into the living room and sitting next to Lexi.

In the middle of a Peppa Pig episode Lexi piped up after being quiet for quite some time.

"Aston?"

"Yeah Lex?"

"Why's Daddy never here?" Lexi asked, tilting her head up to look at me.

"I don't know babe," I sighed deeply, I didn't really want to be the one having to explain this to her but it'd be more difficult for Jess if I didn't.

"I wish I did but sometimes grown ups make silly choices and I guess that's what your dad did."

"All my friends at school have their Daddy's, am I different?" She asked, as her eyes glistened with tears.

"No Lex, you're not different," I tutted, lifting her up onto my lap to give her a cuddle in an attempt to soothe her.

"You've still got your Mummy, and she loves you more than anything in this world."