Part 62

Part Sixty Two

That was the hardest thing I've ever had to do, watch my daughter get knocked out like that. The only thing that got me through it was knowing that she'd be better again once this was all over.

"Babe sit down, you'll make yourself dizzy with all the pacing." I heard Aston say, knocking me out of my trance.

I turned to look at him, sat on one of the chairs with his feet up on the hospital bed and his arms folded across his chest.

"I can't sit down until she comes out of there." I said, biting my nails.

"She's going to be okay. Like the doctor said, it's a minor operation, nothing serious and it won't take long." Aston reassured me as I carried on pacing.

"I know, it was just awful seeing the life drain out of her like that. What if she doesn't wake up?" I asked, thinking of the worst case scenario.

"She'll wake up, it was only a small dose of anaesthetic so it'll wear off in about and hour or two. Now please come sit down because you're driving me crazy!" Aston chuckled lightly, unzipping his jacket and putting it on the back of his chair.

"Ast I can't."

"You can and you will." He smiled, taking my hand and pulling me down onto his lap where he wrapped his arms around my waist lightly.

"I'm sorry for waking you up so early, I know you've got work in a couple of hours but I panicked, I didn't know what to do."

"Don't apologise babe," Aston said, kissing my arm before resting his head on my shoulder.

"I'm just relieved you're both okay."

"Both of us?" I frowned.

"Yeah, the reason for Lexi being the obvious. But for the entire time I've known you I've never seen you so worried and panicky, at one point I was scared you were going to pass out."

"Still, I'm really sorry." I sighed as his arms tightened around my waist in a quick squeeze.

"Don't be, I'm glad you woke me so I could be here with you, rather than leaving me out the loop."

"I guess. What time are you needed in rehearsals?"

"Half 9, long day, I'll only finish at about 5 maybe 6, depending on how well things go."

"Ast that's in 5 hours! You can't do rehearsals on no sleep!"

"I'll be fine," Aston chuckled.

"I had a couple of hours before and I'll get a couple once Lexi's woke up."

"No, you need to go home and get some sleep." I said, attempting to get off his lap but failed as he pulled me back down.

"I'm not going anywhere, Lexi needs you to be sane right now and I need to make sure you don't drive yourself insane." He laughed, making me down at him and end up giggling myself.

"Thank you." I smiled, slouching down so I could lean into his chest.

"No problem." I heard Aston say before he kissed the top of my head.

For the next half an hour Aston was really quiet, it wasn't until I looked up at him that I realised he'd fallen asleep. He couldn't have been comfortable but I didn't want to wake him considering he's hardly had any sleep and he's got rehearsals in 5 hours.

Today's made me realise how much I actually do need him and how much he cares for me and Lexi. Aston could've easily rolled over this morning and left me to deal with Lexi by myself. He could've left to go home and sleep but he didn't, he stayed here with me.

"Not disturbing anything am I?" I spun my head around to see the doctor peeping his head through the door.

"No no it's fine," I stuttered, scrambling off Astons lap, struggling to get his arms from around me.

"How is she?"

"Lexi's absolutely fine," The doctor told me as I sighed with relief.

"The operation was a success and her tonsils are out so she shouldn't have any more problems."

"Where is she? Can I see her?"

"We took her into recovery then when she wakes up we'll bring her back in here. I'll get a nurse to come and get you in a few minutes to take you down to her." He nodded before leaving the room.

I smiled and turned around to sit on the bed when I spotted Aston was now awake.

"Sorry, did the doctor wake you?"

"No you did, you kneed me when you got up." Aston moaned as he held himself.

"Oh god!" I gasped, putting my hands over my mouth.

"I'm so sorry, are you okay?" I asked, trying not to laugh at him.

"Just give me a minute," He breathed.

"And stop laughing at me!" He smiled, weakly, at me.

"I'm sorry," I said, stifling my laughter.

"I'm really not doing you any favours today am I?" I giggled as he got up.

"Not when you do that, no." Aston chuckled.

"I'm sorry."

"Stop saying that," He said, shaking his head as he placed his hands on my waist.

"I told you she'd be okay didn't I?"

"You did, but don't get too smug about it mister." I smirked, hitting his arm.

"I won't now, but I'm not promising anything later." He smiled cheekily, resting his forehead against mine before rubbing his nose against mine in an Eskimo kiss, making me giggle.

"Knew that'd make you laugh," Aston chuckled.

"Now keep it that way yeah? Lexi's fine, you're fine, I'm fine, everyone's fine. There's nothing else now for you to worry about, so stop it." He said before kissing me softly.

"Are you ready to go down and see Lexi?" The nurse said as she walked into the room where I nodded and followed her, Aston in tow holding my hand.

Vote/Comment if you liked this part or just the story in general

Thank you so much for reading..as always X