Part 27

Part Twenty Seven

I had a little cry on Astons shoulder for a while before he told me to go sit down in the living room as he put his suitcase in my room. Apparently he'd already called up my dad to double check that he was alright to stay here for as long as I needed him.

"Right then, what do you want? Tea? Coffee? Hot chocolate?" Aston asked as he did a sort of skip out of my bedroom.

"I'm alright Ast." I giggled at his failed attempt of a skip.

"Babe," He sighed.

"Please?"

"Fine, I'll have tea."

"Coming right up." He went into the kitchen and started to just open random cupboards, not having a clue where anything is.

"Want a hand?" I laughed.

"No it's fine, I've got it." He replied, only to receive me raising my eyebrows at him.

"I really don't, come help me!" He laughed. I got up and went into the kitchen, getting out two mugs, the milk then showing him that the tea and coffee etc. was right next to the kettle.

"Thank youuuu." Aston said cheerily, flicking the switch on the kettle as I hopped up onto the counter.

"Thanks for coming over here, even though you really didn't need to."

"No I know, but it just reminded me of when I had to go through it," He said as he turned around and leant on the counter next to me.

"I had no-one, pushed everyone away, said I wanted to be on my own when all I really wanted was for someone to just hug me and tell me that everything was going to be okay. Because at that moment you just think everything's going to go downhill from there."

"That's exactly what it feels like." I laughed nervously.

"Don't worry, it'll be okay," Aston smiled, rubbing his hand up and down my arm before making our drinks.

"You've got me yeah? Any time you ever need to talk or just want a hug, you know where to find me."

I smiled as I hopped off the counter. I gently kissed his cheek before taking my mug and sitting on the couch. For the next few hours me and Aston just sat and talked while having a few drinks and watching TV. Aston told me everything about his friend and what he did after he died, it was amazing how after everything he'd actually been through he was still this incredibly happy, cheery cheeky man.

I heard my phone ringing in my bedroom but when I got to it they'd hung up, I saw it was my brother Jay and decided to call him back as I walked back into the living room. He answered just as I sat back down on the couch.

M-Me J-Jay L-Lexi

M - Hey, what did you ring me for?

J - Lexi wanted to speak to you, want me to put her on?

M - Please.

J - Alright, Lex?!

L - Mummy!

M - Hey, what's the matter babe?

L - I miss you.

M - I miss you too *sighs*

L - Can I come home now?

M - Yeah, Lexi tell uncle Jay that I'll be round soon to pick you up.

L - Ok Mummy.

M - I'll bring a surprise for you too.

L - What is it what is it?

M - I can't tell you, then it wouldn't be a surprise. Lex put uncle Jay back on and I'll see you soon yeah?

L - Okay, love you.

M - I love you too sweetheart.

J - What have you said to get her so excited?

M - I'm coming to pick her up in about an hour or so, and I'm bringing Aston with me.

J - Who's Aston?

M - I'll tell you later, bye Jay.

J - See you in a bit.

I felt a little bit better as I came off the phone to Lexi but a bit bad at the same time. I really did miss her and I've sort of pushed her to one side for two days; that's not what a good mum is supposed to do. And that sort hit me a little. I've been so worked up about my own problems I've forgotten about my daughter.

"Where are you taking me?" Aston chuckled as he switched the TV off.

"To my brother's so I can pick up Lexi."

Not long after I'd gone with Aston and picked up Lexi from Jay's house. As promised, I filled Jay in on the whole Aston scenario and he instantly took a liking to him. Aston was talking to Lexi the whole time as she was just completely beside herself that he was here.

"Aston," Jay called, causing Aston to lift his head up and stop his conversation with Lexi.

"Can I have a word?" Aston frowned before agreeing then standing up as Jay made his way into the kitchen.

Aston followed but turned around to face me and mouthed,

'what's going on?'

'I dunno' I mouthed back. I honestly didn't know what Jay was doing.

Vote/Comment please,

Thanks for reading..as always X