Part 55

Part Fifty Five

Aston's P.O.V.

What's she hiding from me? What doesn't she want me to know? All I want is to be with her and be there for her but there's no way I can do that if she's so adamant on keeping this from me.

I left Jess downstairs as I went up to check on Lexi. So what if she's not my daughter, I can still treat her like family and I do. I love the little terror, she's adorable and she seems to like me a lot too.

When Jess said that she'd be my girlfriend I was over the moon. I'd waited almost 3 years for this moment but it didn't exactly go to plan with the whole secret fiasco.

Lexi was sound asleep so I went back downstairs to see the living room completely clear and back to the way it was previously arranged.

"It's not that I don't want to tell you," I heard Jess say, making my head spin round.

"I just don't know how." She sighed as I made my way towards her.

"You know you can tell me anything, when did that change?" I whispered, standing in front of her.

"It didn't, it hasn't, I just-"

"So tell me, babe please?" I asked, sitting her down on the couch.

"Alright fine." She sighed.

"You'll tell me?" I asked as she nodded.

Normal View

I took a couple of seconds to compose myself, Aston running his hand up and down my arm soothingly, telling me to take my time.

"I was seventeen when I got pregnant with Lexi, by my boyfriend Paul. It was an accident, we used protection but I guess it just didn't work," I said as Aston nodded his head knowingly.

"I only found out I was pregnant 3 months in when I started showing a little bit and I had really bad back pains. My mum took me to the doctors, they ran some tests and told me I was pregnant. Obviously my mum and dad weren't pleased at all and my brothers wanted to kill Paul, but I explained that it was a complete accident and they cooled down and got excited at the thought of being uncles. Telling Paul was the worst part," I sighed as Aston took my hands in his.

I took a deep breath before continuing the rest of my story,

"I was so nervous about telling him, wondering how he'd react. I eventually told him and he flipped out, shouting and screaming. Basically he tried to force me into aborting Lexi, tried to pay me by giving me cash or sending cheques through the post along with notes with threats on."

"Babe," Aston sighed, wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"I did the most stupid thing, every bit of money he sent to me I kept,"

"Babe why?" He asked, shaking his head with a confused look on his face.

"I was 17! I didn't have a job, I needed the money so I could bring Lexi up properly. I told you it was stupid!" I sighed, leaning back into Astons arms.

"Anyway, when I was in the hospital having Lexi my mum and dad called Paul to come to the hospital,"

"What?! After everything he did?!"

"They didn't know," I mumbled.

"You didn't tell them?"

"No it just wasn't worth the hassle."

"So what happened at the hospital?" Aston sighed, rubbing his forehead.

"Just, a load of harsh words thrown about. How this was all my fault and I've only got myself to blame for what's happened."

"So that's why you're always blaming yourself? He's drilled that into your head hasn't he?" Aston asked, looking at me sympathetically as I nodded.

"So what happened after that? Did you let him see her or...?"

"He didn't even want to look her, he didn't want to look at his own daughter Ast, he didn't want to know her. And I knew from that point I'd make sure that Lexi never knew who her dad was and had nothing to do with him." I croaked as I caught sight of a picture of Lexi on the fireplace.

"I swear if I ever see him," Aston said through gritted teeth before I cut him off.

"You won't, he'll never want to come and find Lexi and he definitely won't want to come back for me."

"I'm so sorry that all happened to you." Aston said quietly, wrapping both his arms around me.

"The only reason why I didn't want to tell you was because I was scared you'd judge me over keeping the money." I mumbled as he kissed the top of my head.

"I get why you kept it babe, don't worry about that. I think it was quite brave what you did."

"Hmm?" I frowned, sitting up and turning to face him.

"You brought up a child at 18 years old, all by yourself and look how amazing she turned out," Aston smiled as he tried to reassure me.

"She doesn't have a care in the world that she doesn't have a dad, she's one of the happiest and enthusiastic little girls I've ever met."

"She doesn't have a care in the world about not having a dad in her life because you are, Lexi absolutely adores you." I smiled as Astons smile grew bigger.

"Just for the record, I adore her too." He smiled sweetly before kissing my lips gently.

"Completely got you wrapped around her little finger." I giggled as we pulled away.

"She has, hasn't she?" Aston winced, scrunching up his nose.

"A hundred percent, but it's cute," I smiled, reaching my hand up behind his ear.

"If you didn't get on with Lexi then me and you could never happen, I made that promise to myself the minute Paul left the hospital."

"Seeing as me and Lexi get on, how about we finally give this a go?" Aston grinned, placing his hand over mine.

Vote/Comment if you liked this part or just the story in general

Thank you so much for reading..as always X