Part 58

Part Fifty Eight

Aston's P.O.V.

It's been 3 weeks now since me and Jess agreed to give our relationship a go, and I don't think I've stopped smiling since. Pathetic I know, but she makes me so happy, more than I ever thought was possible. Sure there's been arguments but what couple hasn't argued?

The majority of my time now is spent either at work or at Jess' place. Jess hardly comes over to my house now because I live further away than when we used to live across from each other, and with her having Lexi too it's just too much for her. So I made it easier for her and just went to her house. Spending time with Jess meant spending time with Lexi and I loved it.

Our relationship is so much stronger now that me and Jess are together. We told Lexi about us last week and she took it surprisingly well. Although she did have quite a few questions for us, if I'm going to leave like Danny did, if I'm going to be living with her and Jess, the one that surprised me the most was when she asked if I was going to be her 'new dad'. Jess sat her down and told her that I was just her boyfriend for now and we'll see about that further down the line. I was overwhelmed that she still wanted me to be her dad, even though she's only known me for the best part of three years. But I'd rather it be me than the waste of space that's her real father.

I had to be in work seriously early this morning, 6AM wake up call. We were having a big meeting about our next tour then straight into rehearsals, planning the set list and going over it a couple of times before choreography all day tomorrow. Seeing as we're rehearsing for tour we're in a different building, all the way across town, than the old building where Jess works. I left Jess' house at just about 11 o'clock last night even though she was practically begging me to stay, although she'd never admit it. I didn't want to stay the night and wake up either her or Lexi that early, especially because Lexi's still sick.

Speaking of Lexi, her illness has just got worse; she's throwing up a lot more but she's hardly eating or drinking at all. The whole thing had eased off for just over a week but it's just come back again. Jess just thinks it's a virus from school but I'm not too sure. I convinced her that if Lexi was still bad by Tuesday then she'd take her to the doctors and find out for definite what's wrong with her.

After our meeting we found out that we would be going on tour for 6 and a half weeks, just under two months. We've got 8 weeks for rehearsals and then we're off on the road. I've not been home yet or even had a chance to look at my phone for that matter so I've not been able to tell Jess yet. In a way I was slightly relieved, it gave me more time to think about how I was going to tell her. I mean, we've not even been together a month yet and I'm going to have to leave her in 2 months. We're still in the honeymoon phase, the can't keep your hands off each other phase. I just want to be with her all the time so being away from her, and Lexi, for nearly 2 months is going to be so hard. Thank god for Skype though right?

By 3 o'clock we were only half way through rehearsing the set list so they gave us a half hour break seeing as we've been doing this since half 11 this morning. I decided to leave the studio and go out back for a bit of fresh air and give Jess a call.

"Hey, how's work?" Jess asked immediately as she picked up the phone.

"Hey you, it's going good just really busy today."

"Oh do you want me to ring you back later?"

"Babe I called you, we're having a breather, it's cool. I just wanted to see how you were." I laughed as she thought she was keeping me from work.

"I'm good, work's being an arse though." Jess sighed.

"Why?"

"I needed to take today off to look after Lexi but the most they could give me was a couple of hours this morning because I'd used up the majority of my annual leave the last time she was sick." She rambled, hardly stopping for a breath.

"Woah babe breathe," I chuckled, sitting on the step outside.

"So who's got her?"

"Louise and Marcus, I feel so bad leaving her with them."

"You shouldn't, it's not your fault she's ill and you can't get time off work. I'm sure Louise doesn't mind, seeing as she gets to spend rare time with her niece." I teased as I knew full well Lexi was there half the time anyway.

"Stop it, I don't know what to do." Jess huffed as I bit my lip.

"Listen don't worry about a thing okay? We'll take Lexi to the doctors on Tuesday if she's no better then you'll have a doctors note to stay off with her, it's only for a couple more days babe."

"I guess you're right, but what if there's no appointments available? I'll have to keep dumping Lexi on people!"

"Appointment's already booked babe, 10:30 on Tuesday morning. I rung in yesterday for her. She needs to get checked out."

"What if she gets better?"

"Then I'll cancel it. Jess stop worrying, everything's fine." I laughed.

"Alright, look I'm gonna have to go, I've got tons of emails to get through."

"No worries babe, I'll let you get off. Don't cook any dinner tonight I'll pick something up on the way to yours, I need to talk to you about something." I said standing up and stretching my legs.

"Sounds good, talk to you later."

"See you soon babe."

We hung up and I made my way back into the studios where the boys were all sat around talking, so I went and joined them.

Vote/Comment if you liked this part or just the story in general

Thank you so much for reading..as always X