Part 120

Part One Hundred & Twenty

Astons P.O.V.

"Merrygold!" I heard, along with a door slamming.

"I'm going to kill you!" Rochelle growled, coming into view and throwing her coat onto the chair next to me.

"Me? Why?" I frowned, putting my game controller down.

"Jess is at yours in pieces! What the hell did you do?!" She shouted as Marvin came back through from the kitchen.

"I really don't know." I sighed, looking down at the engagement ring.

"You need to sort this out, you can't put her through this, especially because she's pregnant."

"I'll just give her some time to cool down then I'll go home and talk to her."

"What about Lexi?" Rochelle asked, folding her arms and raising her eyebrows.

"She knows?" I asked as my heart sunk.

"Well yeah," Rochelle said, rolling her eyes as if it was obvious.

"She heard you two shouting and then while I was there she came downstairs asking where 'Daddy' was, I presume she meant you."

"Yeah, that's kind of what Lexi decided." I smiled at the thought of Lexi making sure that everyone knew.

"Well Jess had to tell her that she didn't know when you were coming back, so not only is Jess in pieces but Lexi is too!"

"I'm gonna have to go see her," I said as I got up, feeling around my pockets to make sure I had everything.

"I'll be back later."

"No you won't," Rochelle said, making me frown at her.

"You stay there until you've sorted this out, we're not letting you back in here."

"Alriiight, see you later Marv, enjoy your handful." I smirked as I walked past Rochelle, receiving a playful slap on the arm.

"Watch it Merrygold!"

"Watch it Merrygold." I mimicked as she practically pushed me out the front door.

I got into my car and started the journey back to our house, I didn't really want to face Jess but I couldn't leave Lexi. I took in a deep breath before putting my key in the lock and turning it and pushing it open.

"Daddy?" I heard Lexi say as I locked the front door and slipped the keys into my pocket.

I turned around and saw Lexi coming through to the hall from the living room with teary eyes.

"Hey, come here," I said softly, crouching down and holding my arms out as she more or less ran over to me.

"Mummy said you weren't coming back." Lexi sniffled into my shoulder as I embraced her into a hug.

"I'd never leave you, you're my favourite girl in the whole world," I told her, rubbing my hand up and down her back.

"I don't want to see you upset again okay? I'll always be here whenever you need me," I said as Lexi nodded.

After a few more minutes of giving Lexi a well-needed cuddle, I told her I was going to speak Jess and she toddled off into the back room.

"Hey," I said gently, appearing in the doorway of the living room.

"What do you want?" Jess asked bluntly, not moving her attention from the TV.

"I want to talk about what happened before."

"Okay, you shouted, said you were done, I gave you back your ring, you left and now you're back."

"Babe I didn't come back for another argument," I sighed.

"What happened before was a mistake, I said some things I didn't mean and-"

"That seems like all you ever do lately." Jess mumbled, turning the channel over.

"Course I do, I'm a guy, it happens. Everyone makes mistakes, but you get over it," I shrugged.

"Babe look at me," I sighed, moving around the couch to kneel down in front of her.

"I'm sorry okay? I didn't mean what I said before, I've just been as stressed out as you with this wedding,"

"Aston stop it. You called it off, I'm just going through with what you want." Jess said as she stood up, nearly knocking me over.

"What? Believe me, this isn't what I want. All I want is to be able to spend the rest of my life with you and the kids...I just want you three, that's all I need."

"You can still be there for Lexi and the baby, I'm not stopping you from doing that." Jess shrugged as I shook my head.

"No..No babe, don't do this."

"You did it, you're the one who walked out." She pointed out.

"But I'm here, Jess I love you!"

"I love you too, but sometimes it's just not enough." Jess said quietly, before leaving the living room and the sound of steps up the stairs could be heard.

What did I actually just do?

Vote/Comment if you liked this part or just the story in general

Thankyou so much for reading..as always X