Part 106

Part One Hundred & Six

"It's not even about that anymore Aston-"

"Don't, don't call me Aston, it sounds weird coming from you." Aston said, shaking his head.

"While I was at Louise's I realised that you're all about Lexi-"

"What?" He frowned.

"Everything's the same as it was a year ago apart from the fact that we say I love you. It feels like Lexi's your main priority and I'm just your bit on the side when she goes to bed." I sighed as tears welled up in my eyes.

"Wh-Baby that's not true," Aston sighed, resting his forehead on my knees before looking up at me again.

"Yes it is! The most you speak to me is when we get up in the morning, before I go to work and before we go to bed. You're always with her, talking to her, playing with her, helping her with her schoolwork and it's great, I love that you're bonding with her but it's hard."

"So you'd rather me abandon Lexi to spend more time with you? Babe she's a little girl! She's got no brothers or sisters yet, she's got no one else to play with,"

"That's what Ariel's for!" I protested.

"No babe, the dog was a present, it's not the same as someone playing with her! You can't use the dog as a distraction, at the end of the day she's got no one else to play with when she comes home from school," Aston explained.

"I'm just trying to do the right thing," He continued as I frowned at him, urging him to explain.

"When I first met Lexi I was trying to be her friend, so that we'd get along you know? Then after spending a LOT of time with you both, not only did you become my best friend but so did Lex. Before the whole custody case came around and we were going out, I was just trying to be the male figure in her life because her dad wasn't around. And I don't want this to sound weird or creep you out or anything but once we were told there was a restraining order against him, I realised that she was never going to have her real dad around anymore. I know what that feels like so I thought it was the right thing to step up and kind of act like a dad to her. After seeing how upset you were over Lexi not having a dad that just hit me... I'm sorry if I've creeped you out but I'm just trying to save my arse here." Aston chuckled slightly, getting up from the floor and sitting down next to me on the bed.

"You've not creeped me out." I sighed, resting my head on his shoulder.

"I've not?" He asked, as I took his hand in mine.

"No, it was sweet. You've saved your ass don't worry." I said as he chuckled lightly, rubbing his thumb over my hand.

"I'm really sorry babe."

"I know you are, you've grovelled enough," I laughed as he kissed the top of my head.

"I bet you hate me now for picking this stupid fight." I sighed.

"Not even a million fights could make me hate you," Aston said, clutching my hand tighter.

"Just so you know, you, Lexi and the baby are all my main priority, I don't favour any of you, I never could."

"No I know, I was just being stupid before."

"Hey, you weren't being stupid," Aston said, moving his arm slightly so I'd look at him.

"I'd rather you told me stuff like that, I don't want you to ever feel like you're just a bit on the side."

"Well there's something else I haven't told you," I mumbled as Aston looked at me, urging me to carry on.

"I've kind of wished you were Lexi's dad this whole time."

"You have?" Aston asked, wide eyed.

"Yeah, you're so amazing with her and I've never seen her depend on someone as much as you, if you left I don't know how she'd cope."

"It's a good job I'm not leaving then isn't it?" He chuckled as I smiled back at him.

"It really is. I don't ever want to be without you." I smiled as Astons hand drifted towards my stomach.

"You really mean that?" He asked as I nodded back at him before he pressed his lips against my own.

"Then I'm doing this now."

Vote/Comment if you liked this part or just the story in general

Thankyou so much for reading..as always X