Part 86

Part Eighty Six

"Did Lexi get off okay?" I asked Aston, sitting up as he walked back into our bedroom, pulling the duvet up a little higher.

"Huh? Oh, yeah, once she'd had a story and a cuddle she was out like a light." He chuckled, making his way into the en suite to do his nightly routine.

"Sorry for dumping her on you today." I sighed, tying my hair up in a messy bun.

"What? Babe don't say that," Aston said, flicking off the bathroom light as he left and making his way over to the bed.

"I was off all day it was hardly a task. You know I love spending time with her no matter what." He continued, slipping off his joggers and getting in to bed behind me.

"I know, I just feel bad."

"Well don't, it's fine."

"I just needed something to take my mind off this custody battle, and being around Lexi definitely wasn't going to help." I laughed slightly, picking at the duvet.

"You don't need to be so worried about this, you're the best Mum to Lexi and no one can ever take that away from you." Aston said quietly, lying on his side and running his hand down my right arm.

"I'm not worried, I'm just scared, terrified actually." I admitted as Astons hand eventually found my own and he started to play with my fingers.

"Hey, I'm scared too, you're not on your own in this." Aston added, bringing my hand up to his face, kissing it gently.

"She's my world, I can't even remember my life before her. Being a mum's all I know, I'd be lost without her." I shrugged as Aston looked up at me, listening intently.

"I know you would, hell you're lost without her for one night. Imagine how quiet the house would be." Aston joked with a smirk on his face, attempting to ease off the touchy subject.

"Are you calling my daughter a loud mouth?" I laughed as he winked at me.

"She's got a gob on her, just like her mum." He laughed as I frowned at him in confusion.

"What?.. Oh! Gob means mouth babe, forgot you're not fully used to our English yet." Aston explained as I giggled.

"I'm going to have to go to sleep Ast I'm shattered, plus I'm still not feeling too good." I sighed, shuffling down the bed so I was now lying down.

"I'll bet you are, getting up at stupid o'clock. If you're ill for much longer then I'm taking you to the doctors." Aston told me, wrapping his arms around me.

"You worry too much." I yawned, resting my head on his chest.

"I just don't want anything bad to happen to you." He said, kissing my head.

"I love you." I smiled as I closed my eyes.

"Love you too babes." I distinctly heard Aston say as I fell into a deep sleep.

After what felt like an eternity I woke up with Astons arms still around me, with his head lay on the pillow as soft snores left his mouth. I giggled inwardly at him before looking at the time on the clock, 6:47am. You've got to be kidding. I don't have to be in the salon until 9, and it's a Saturday so Lexi's not even in school, not that it would've mattered anyway because it's the holidays. My attempt at trying to get myself back to sleep was soon interrupted by the sudden urge to be sick.

I ran into the en suite and the contents of my stomach came up quicker than expected. Managing to reach the toilet in time, I grabbed the bobble off my wrist and tied my hair up, the last thing I need is sick in my hair. And just my luck the bobble snapped. I waited by the toilet for a couple of minutes until my stomach had settled before getting up and rooting through the bathroom drawers in the hope of finding a spare bobble. Searching through the three draws I came across all sorts; clips, shampoo bottles, Astons deodorants etc, tampons, spare toothbrushes for Lexi, wait. Go back a minute. Tampons?