Part 30

Part Thirty

Astons P.O.V.

I sighed as I threw myself down onto Jess' sofa. Do I ever think before I speak? Evidently not. I was bang out of order saying that to her but she needs to know that if she's not happy then she should just quit. Especially more so because she doesn't really see Lexi anymore. Speaking of Lexi, I should probably check on her to make sure the shouting never woke her up. I walked to Jess' room, walking past the bathroom as I did so, only to hear her crying. As I got to Jess' room I saw Lexi sat up in bed cuddling her teddy monkey.

"What's up Lex? You okay?" I asked, sitting on the bed next to her.

"Why were you and Mummy shouting?" She asked, looking up at me with her big blue eyes.

"It's nothing babe, don't worry about it. Did we wake you?" I asked as she nodded.

"You go back to sleep, Mummy has to go to work soon but I'll be here when you wake up OK?"

"OK," She said, lying back down in bed.

"Just don't shout anymore." She mumbled as I reached the door, causing me to chuckle a little.

OK, one girl sorted, now the other one. I knocked on the bathroom only for Jess to tell me to go away. Obviously I ignored her and kept knocking.

"Babe if you don't let me in I'll just sit out here, you need to talk to me at some point."

"You get a numb arse then, I don't care." I laughed quietly to myself before sitting in front of the door and leaning my back against it.

"Jess just talk to me." Nothing.

"You can't ignore me forever." Nothing. I sighed before leaning my head back on the door and closing my eyes. Man have I fucked up.

"Alright fine, if you're not going to talk to me then just listen... Babe I'm sorry, I was completely out of order saying what I did. I'm surprised you didn't slap me. I understand that this means a lot to you but you're not happy doing it... I wasn't trying to hurt you, I just want you to be happy and I think that you quitting your job might just do that. I wasn't forcing you and I definitely wasn't going to make you quit; it's your decison, not mine... Just think about this from Lexi's point of view yeah? She spends 5 days a week in school, a new school full of people she doesn't know who talk different to her. Then she comes home and you're still working. At the weekend she's normally with me, and babe don't get me wrong I absolutely love the girl but she should be with her mum. I know being a single parent is hard but you're just making it worse by having this job. Now I'm not saying that you quit your job and that's it, I'm just saying find a job that you love and still get to see Lexi at the same time... I don't even get to see you anymore babe, maybe for about 2 minutes on a weekend, and I miss you... We never really get to talk anymore and there's so much I want to tell you... I know you're this stubborn, crazy, independent American chick but you really need to tone it down a bit... Just think about it yeah?... I really am sorry Jess."

Normal View

"Alright fine, if you're not going to talk to me then just listen... Babe I'm sorry, I was completely out of order saying what I did. I'm surprised you didn't slap me," I giggled quietly to myself, imagining doing that to him.

"I understand that this means a lot to you but you're not happy doing it... I wasn't trying to hurt you, I just want you to be happy and I think that you quitting your job might just do that. I wasn't forcing you and I definitely wasn't going to make you quit; it's your decison, not mine... Just think about this from Lexi's point of view yeah? She spends 5 days a week in school, a new school full of people she doesn't know who talk different to her. Then she comes home and you're still working. At the weekend she's normally with me, and babe don't get me wrong I absolutely love the girl but she should be with her mum. I know being a single parent is hard but you're just making it worse by having this job. Now I'm not saying that you quit your job and that's it, I'm just saying find a job that you love and still get to see Lexi at the same time... I don't even get to see you anymore babe, maybe for about 2 minutes on a weekend, and I miss you... We never really get to talk anymore and there's so much I want to tell you..." That made me feel quite bad, knowin that my job wasn't just getting in the way of my relationship with Lexi but with Aston as well.

"I know you're this stubborn, crazy, independent American chick but you really need to tone it down a bit... Just think about it yeah?... I really am sorry Jess."

He didn't say anything after that so I'm guessing he moved away from the door. I sat back and thought about what Aston said. Maybe, just maybe, I should think about quitting my job. It's distancing me from my daughter and my best friend, I'm sure I could find another job that wouldn't take me away from them.

Man do I need to apologise. I stood up and brushed myself off, wiped my eyes and check my appearance in the mirror. I opened the bathroom door only to be surprised with Aston falling flat on his back on my bathroom floor.

"Ast!.. Oh my God, I'm so sorry!" I gasped, grabbing his hand and pulling him up.

"Little bit of warning would've been nice babe." He chuckled, rubbing his head.

"I'm sorry, did it hurt?" I asked, trying not to laugh as I relived the moment in my head.

"Just made me a little dizzy but don't worry about me. Are you okay? I'm so so sorry about what I said Jess, I was completely out of order." Aston said, taking both of my hands in his.

"You don't have anything to be sorry for, you were right," I started as Aston frowned at me.

"I shouldn't be in a job that I don't like anymore, especially because now it's taking me away from you and Lexi." I sighed, looking down at the floor.

"Hey, don't even think about me in this; it's you, Lexi and your happiness you should be thinking about." He said softly, lifting my head up.

"You still okay to watch Lexi for me?" I asked as he nodded.

"Course."

"I'll be back later, thank you." I smiled, kissing his cheek before leaving the apartment.

I made my way to the main offices and asked if the manager was in. He was. I made my way to his office and talked to him about my decision.

Vote/Comment if you liked this part or just the story in general

Thank you so much for reading..as always X