Part 38

Part Thirty Eight

Astons P.O.V.

I knew that telling Jess I liked her was a long shot. Seeing her face when I told her made me realise that there was no way I could tell her that I was in love with her.

She genuinely seemed sorry when she told me she didn't feel anything for me so I couldn't really be mad at her. It was my own fault for opening my big gob.

It's been 3 weeks since that afternoon and because I've been busy with promo and studio I've not really seen Jess or Lexi. We've not really spoke either, just the odd few texts. I've fucked everything up between us.

I'd just got home from the studio and to be fair it was pretty late. But I was starving so I got my phone out so I could order something when a text from Jess came up;

[Ast please come to my house, quick? xx]

I didn't even need to think twice, no matter how long we'd not spoken for. My best friend needs me and I'm going to be there for her.

I made my way over to Jess' house as quick as I could. I knocked on the door and all I got was 'It's open.' She never leaves it open, something's definitely not right here. I rushed through the front door to see Jess sat on the couch, clutching her stomach with tears streaming down her face. What the hell's going on?

"Babe what's up?!" I asked, rushing over to her.

"Ast it's the baby, and it doesn't feel too good." She cried as she scrunched up her eyes in pain.

"We need to get you to the hospital okay? Where's Lex?"

"She's with Louise for the weekend." She moaned trying to sit up.

"I'm just going to go get-"

"You can't leave me here!" Jess said, grabbing my arm, more tears welling in her eyes.

"I'm not leaving you, come on, just hold my hand." I said, holding my hand out for her.

She took hold of my hand and I pulled her up from the couch. I took her out to my car and locked up her house behind me. On the way to the hospital Jess would not stop crying, she's in so much pain and I can't do anything to stop it. We soon got to the hospital and I took her inside.

"Hi, I need someone to see to my friend, she's pregnant and she's having really bad pains," I rambled on, scared of what was actually happening to Jess.

"Alright, just take her to room two down the corridor and someone will be with you shortly."

I took Jess to the room where I was told to go take her and she lay down on the bed.

"Aston it hurts!" She sobbed, squeezing my hand.

"I know babe, I know, but the doctor's going to be here really soon and he'll stop it I promise." I smiled, trying to reassure her, absolutely bricking myself on the inside.

"I'm so sorry about what happened the other night, I didn't mean to upset you, I-"

"Babe don't worry about that right now, it's fine, just focus on you, we can talk about that another time."

"I'm really sorry, I didn't mean any of it." She cried as the doctor came in so I never got the chance to ask her what the hell she meant.

"Jessica, the nurse has told me everything that I need to know so I'll just get on with it to be able to put your mind at rest, so could you just roll your top up for me please?" He asked, bringing round the ultra sound machine.

Jess rolled her top up and another round of tears started.

"Hey, just look at me," I said softly, squeezing her hand as she turned to face me.

"Just look at me, everything's going to be okay."

"Just don't leave me." Jess cried, squeezing my hand.

"Would I ever? You might annoy me at the best of times but you can't get rid of me this easily." I smiled, making her giggle.

"I'm sorry Miss, but those pains were the final stage of a miscarriage." As soon as he said this Jess burst out into tears again and it broke my heart.

"I'm so sorry babe." I sighed, kissing her head.

"I'll give you a few minutes alone before we need to complete the procedure." The doctor said taking his gloves off.

"Thanks." I smiled weakly at him before he left the room.

I turned my head back to Jess and she was sat there, rubbing her stomach with tears flowing out of her eyes.

"Jess,"

"What did I do wrong Ast?" She sniffed.

"Oh babe, you did nothing wrong, you did everything perfectly. This is just one of those things that happen and you can't stop it."

"This is my own fault! I said I didn't want the baby so-"

"No no no, this isn't your fault," I sighed, sitting on the bed next to her.

"I promise you. Maybe this was just a sign that you weren't ready to have another baby just yet." I said, wrapping my arms around her.

"But I was, I was so ready to be a Mum again." Jess cried, pulling her top back down as I kissed her head.

We just sat there in silence, apart from Jess' cries, I didn't know what to say to her. Nothing could make this situation better. She's just lost a baby for crying out loud. It must have been about 10 minutes before the doctor came back in to explain to Jess what she needed to do. I hate seeing her this upset, as much as I want to leave right now I can't, she needs me.

Vote/Comment if you liked this part or just the story in general

Thank you so much for reading..as always X