Part 22

Part Twenty Two

After Aston finally came to his senses about the whole story drama, he's being really sweet. He's constantly asking if we're okay, doing things for us even when it's not neccessary, I think he's taking the whole 'making it up to me' a little too far. Seeing as Aston's been very nice to us I decided that me and Lexi should do something nice to Aston as a kind of a 'thank you' to him.

"Right Lexi, you ready?" I asked, putting everything we needed into a bag as Lexi came toddling through to the hall from her room.

"Yep, and I've got some toys for Aston to play with." Lexi smiled, holding up her bag full of toys.

"I'm sure he'll like them," I giggled, making my way to the front door, grabbing Astons spare key on the way.

"Let's go."

I let me and Lexi into Astons apartment and left Lexi in his living room as she sorted all of her toys out. I'd texted Aston before me and Lexi came over to find out what time he was due home so that his surprise could be ready in time. Yet to my surprise, even with being given an estimate time the surprise was ready about 10 minutes before Aston was meant to be home.

During that time I'd called him to make sure that he went straight to his apartment instead of ours. I set out everything on the table and got anything else sorted that needed to be done. Astons apartment was set out differently; his dining room was right there when you walked through the door and the living room was at the back so you had a view of behind the block of apartments.

Everything was ready just in time for when I heard the keys rattle in the door. I quickly whispered to Lexi to hide in the doorway of the bathroom then once we were in, I closed the door slightly so we were completely hidden then told Lexi the plan. The door snapped shut and Aston started to hum to himself until he must have obviously seen the surprise as I heard him say;

"What the?"

"Now," I whispered to Lexi.

"SURPRISE!" We both shouted, jumping out of the bathroom and completely startling Aston as he jumped out of his skin.

"Don't ever scare me like that again!" Aston said, putting his hand on his chest as Lexi giggled away.

"What's all this anyway?" He questioned, indicating the meal that was on the table not that far away from us.

"It's our way of saying thank you for being really nice to us for the past couple of days." I said as I saw a smile grow on his face.

"You didn't have to do all this, a hug and a simple thank you would have been more than okay." He chuckled.

"I know but I wanted to do something different." I smiled.

"Well thanks," He smiled, kissing my cheek.

"Did you help with all this Lex?" He asked, crouching down to her level.

"No, I did this, look." Lexi said excitedly, grabbing Astons hand and dragging him into the living room.

After at least 5 minutes of Lexi showing Aston all of the things she'd brought over and a little something that she'd made for him at school, they were both starting to get hungry so I warmed up the food that I'd set out while they both sat down at the table. The meal was quickly gotten rid of and we'd just been sat at the table talking for the past hour or so.

"I love doing stuff like this." Aston smiled after putting his drink back down on the table.

"Like what?" I frowned as his random statement had nothing to do with the previous conversation.

"Just hanging out, not having to worry about having to be somewhere else at a certain time. I can just let loose a little bit and be myself you know?"

"I don't but I'll pretend I do," I smiled making him laugh.

"Now don't take this the wrong way but I like this Aston a hell of a lot better than JLS Aston."

"What on earth are you talking about? I'm exactly the same person." He frowned.

"No I know, but I can't explain it," I stuttered.

"You're different."

"Different?" He asked, almost shocked that I'd said that he was different when he's in JLS.

"Not a bad different, it's a good different."

"Moving on," Aston chuckled, sensing that neither of us were going anywhere with this conversation.

"How's work going?"

We spoke about each other's work for a little while before Lexi had come back from the living room and wanted to show me and Aston something or another, so we obliged and ended up playing with Lexi for what felt like an hour before Lexi had fell asleep on Astons couch. I carefully picked her up without trying to wake her and made my way to the door which Aston opened.

"Listen Jess, thanks for tonight, I really enjoyed it." Aston said with a whisper in an attempt not to wake up Lexi.

"Me too, and I'm sorry about everything with Rachel. I was only trying to look out for you." I whispered as Aston gave me one of his heartwarming smiles whilst leaning on his door frame.

"I know you were babe. I've got your back if you've got mine."

"I'll always have your back." I giggled, lifting Lexi up a little bit.

"You get back and put her in bed babe, I'll see you tomorrow yeah?" He asked as I nodded my head.

"Alright, night Jess." Aston smiled before he kissed my cheek then kissing Lexi's head.

"Night Ast." I said as I carried Lexi into our apartment and put her into bed.

Seeing as it wasn't too late I got myself a glass of wine and played one of the recent episodes of Criminal Minds that I'd previously recorded. As it was on the adverts I scrolled through my twitter, completely forgetting that my programme had been recorded and I could easily fast forward it, and a tweet off Aston from the JLS account had been retweeted onto my timeline as it

obviously had meaning to that person;

[@JLSOfficial: had an amazing night, thanks to some amazing friends with an amazing surprise Axx]

Vote/Comment please,

Thanks for reading..as always X