Part 111

Part One Hundred & Eleven

Monday soon came around and we were 10 minutes away from being called into the hospital room to see our baby. Lexi wasn't with us because she was at school, which was exactly why I'd booked the scan for today because I wanted her to find out after we were given the all clear. Aston already had the day off anyway so that was a bonus, there was no lying to anyone about where we were going.

"Are you excited?" I asked Aston as he sat to my left, holding my hand and playing with my ring, mainly to keep it hidden seeing as we hadn't announced anything yet.

"How'd you know?" He grinned, turning to face me.

"Well the big smile on your face says an awful lot." I giggled as he laughed slightly too, scrunching up his nose in the process.

"I just can't wait to see them, it'll make it all feel real." He smiled, bringing my hand up towards his face to kiss it gently before my name was called and it was our turn to see our baby.

"So it's been just over a week since I last saw you, how's everything been so far?" Hayley, my midwife, asked after she told me to lie on the bed.

"It's been great, no complaints." I smiled as I felt Aston slide his fingers between mine and lock them together whilst he sat on the chair next to me.

"No discomfort or anything?" She asked as I shook my head.

"I'm guessing you're the father?"

"Yeah I am." Aston grinned, looking at me.

"Ooh congratulations." Hayley smiled, nodding towards my hand.

"Umm, we-" I stuttered before she cut me off.

"Don't worry, we're sworn to secrecy in here, I won't be saying a word," She said as I breathed a sigh of relief.

"If you'd like to roll your top up for me Jess, we can get this started."

I rolled up my top until it reached the top of my stomach. Hayley then squirted the special liquid onto my stomach and grabbed the scanner and rubbed it across my stomach and looked at the monitor, trying to find a steady picture. The whole time my heart was beating ten times a dozen, the last time I had a scan I'd lost my baby, I couldn't go through that again. My palms were getting slightly sweaty as she kept moving the scanner and Aston must've picked up on it.

"Hey," Aston whispered, squeezing my hand gently so that I'd look at him.

"Not this time yeah?" He smiled to reassure me, kissing my hand as I smiled back at him, the nerves vanishing as we heard the sound of our baby's heartbeat.

Vote/Comment if you liked this part or just the story in general

Thankyou so much for reading..as always X