Part 24

Part Twenty Four

Christmas in our house was just as mad as it always is. The whole family was there; my dad, step-mum, Daniel, his wife Steph, their son Alex, Jay and his girlfriend Maxine then me and Lexi. Alex was only 3 years older than Lexi, making him 6 years old, so they mainly played together and the rest of us could chill out and enjoy the day.

Presents were passed around in the early hours of the morning due to Lexi waking me up and Alex doing the same to his parents. To say the children got spoilt would be an understatement, there wasn't a chance Lexi would be able to take all of her gifts back home in 2 weeks time so my Dad had arranged for them all to be shipped over just a few days after we'd left.

I was pretty simple to buy for; a nice simple piece of jewellery would do me just fine, obviously with my family knowing me as well as they do that's what was mainly bought for me as Christmas presents. But not once did I remove the locket that has been around my neck since Aston gave it to me.

The traditional dinner was amazing as always, my Dad can never fail. It was great to just sit down at the table with the whole family and catch up. It was so much fun seeing them all after living in London for so long, especially my nephew because I'd missed his birthday which was 2 months ago.

I was also really looking forward to a night out with my old friends, we'd been in contact constantly whilst I've been away and when they found out I was back for Christmas we'd arranged to go out one night and just catch up. I'd called Jackson on Christmas Eve just to see what was happening and a few things had been changed around but it was near enough the same plans we'd arranged.

Also, Christmas Eve was the time when Lexi was able to go on her helicopter ride around New York and she absolutely loved it! And as it was around Christmas time it just made it extra special. I made sure to take a picture and send it to Aston so that he could show the boys that Lexi was enjoying her present.

Right now it's 3 days after Christmas and me and Lexi were going to stay in my Dad's house for a couple of hours before taking his dog into Central Park for a walk. I woke up way before Lexi, she was curled up on my bed snoring her little head off. We had to share a double bed but it wasn't a problem as she hardly moved in her sleep anyway. I went into the living room, expecting it to be empty as everyone was busy with their own arranged plans today but instead I was greeted by my Dad and step-mum.

"Hey, what are you guys doing here? You said you were going into Times Square for 9." I frowned, as I got a drink from the fridge and made my way back into the living room where they were sat.

"Jess we need to talk to you." My Dad said as I grabbed the TV remote.

"OK, so talk." I laughed as I turned the TV on, only for my Dad to take the remote off me and turn the TV off.

"Hey-"

"Jessica this is serious." He said seriously, putting the remote down. I knew it was serious as soon as he called me 'Jessica'.

"We really don't know how to tell you this darling,"

"Tell me what? What's going on?" I asked, looking at both my step-mum and dad wondering why they were being so discrete about it.

"Judy you're going to have to tell her." My dad said to her, sitting back.

"I-I can't, you need to do it." She sighed, putting her hand on his knee.

"Will one of you please just tell me what's going on?!" I asked, raising my voice as I was getting quite annoyed but didn't want to wake Lexi up at the same time.

"OK... You know your friend Jackson?" My dad said as I nodded, not wanting to speak as my heart was beating faster than normal.

"Well he got attacked last night."

"H-He's okay though right?" I stuttered, not beliveing someone would even think of hurting him.

"Oh god," My dad said under his breath, resting his hand on my knee.

"He didn't make it through the night, I'm sorry Jess." I just sat there staring at the TV, I didn't know what to do, say, even think. He was basically killed by some stranger for no reason whatsoever.

"We really are sorry sweetheart, do you want anything?" I faintly heard my step-mum say.

"I er, I don't think so," I was in a complete daze about this whole situation.

"Can you take Lexi with you today please?"

"Anything you want, we'll go wake her and get her sorted." As they left they both either gave me a kiss on the cheek or my head.

Not long after, they came back through letting me say goodbye to Lexi, I hadn't moved an inch since they left the room.

"You sure you're going to be okay by yourself?" My Dad asked, coming over to me as Judy put Lexi's coat on her by the front door.

"I'll be fine, I just need to be myself." I smiled weakly before he kissed my head and they all left for the day.

I eventually got off the couch but only go and lie down on my bed for a little while. That 'little while' must have turned into 3 hours sleep because when I woke up and caught sight of myself I looked a mess, tear stained cheeks and ridiculous hair.

I needed to talk to someone about all of this, I didn't have a clue what to do. I couldn't talk to my Dad because he wouldn't understand, I couldn't talk to my friends as they'll all be grieving in their own ways and won't want to be mithered right now. It was a long shot but after working out the time on my phone I sent the text;

[are you awake? I really need to talk to you x]

Vote/Comment please,

Thanks for reading..as always X