Part 60

Part Sixty

I'm gutted that Aston's going on tour so soon, and for so long. I was used to him going on tour but now we're together and it's still relatively early, it's different.

Me and Aston went to bed about 2 hours after Lexi, we were practically falling asleep on the sofa, both exhausted from our jobs, Aston more than me.

I was woke up a couple of hours later by Lexi screaming 'Mummy!' at the top of her lungs. Surprisingly though, it didn't wake Aston up at all. I shot out of bed and ran into Lexi's room to see a sight that I really didn't want to see. There was blood all over her duvet, the odd bit on the floor and around her mouth.

"What happened?!" I asked, rushing over to her bed, avoiding the blood.

My question was soon answered as she coughed and more blood came out.

"Mummy!" Lexi cried, obviously not liking this.

"It's okay, let's get you to the bathroom and I just want you to sit by the toilet okay? If you need to cough, cough over the toilet." I said as I took her into the bathroom, panicking all the while. This certainly wasn't normal, and it's definitely not a virus.

"I'll be back in a minute, I'll go get Aston." I told her as she nodded before I ran back to my bedroom. I felt bad about waking him up but I was panicking, I wasn't thinking.

"Ast you've got to help me!" I panicked shaking his arm, making my voice louder so he could hear me.

"What? What's going on? Jess it's 3 o'clock in the morning." Aston mumbled, sitting up and rubbing his eyes as they adjusted to the light.

"It's Lexi, there's blood everywhere and I don't know what to do." I said as my voice wavered, on the verge of tears.

"Blood?" He asked, checking he heard me right as I nodded.

"Yeah, Ast what do I do?!"

"Look we'll take her to the hospital and get her checked out, everything's going to be fine." Aston said, taking my hand and kissing it gently. I knew he was trying not to say 'don't worry about it' because he knew full well I was worrying plus he was choosing his words carefully.

"You go to Lexi and let me just get some clothes on and we'll go." He said as he got out of bed and I left to go into Lexi's bedroom and get the bucket that was on the floor which she'd missed when she started coughing.

"Lex, keep hold of this while we go in the car okay?" I told her as she took it off me and held it just below her chin.

I took her downstairs to wait for Aston but he was already stood at the front door with his car keys in one hand and a bag in the other.

"You put her in the car babe, I'll lock up." He said, opening the door and pressing the button on his keys to unlock his car.

I carried Lexi out to the car and strapped her in. I told her to keep the bucket on her knee so that if she did cough up any more blood, it wouldn't go all over Aston's seats. I got in the back with her, not wanting to be far away from her. Aston got into the drivers seat not 2 minutes later, put the bag on the passenger seat and set off for the hospital.

Vote/Comment if you liked this part or just the story in general

Thank you so much for reading..as always X