Part 118

Part One Hundred & Eighteen

"I can't believe you missed it!" Aston shouted as he stormed through the front door around about half one.

Here we go.

"I can explain."

"Oh really? What was so important that you had to miss our meeting?" He question, taking his jacket off and throwing it on the sofa.

"I couldn't find anyone to watch Lexi, so I had to stay here with her." I said, nodding over to Lexi who sat on the other end of the couch watching The Little Mermaid for the fiftieth time.

"Princess can you go up to your room for a few minutes, just while I speak to Mummy?" Aston asked Lexi nicely as he picked up the remote to pause the TV.

"Daddy," Lexi moaned as Aston paused her film.

"Please? Just five minutes Lex," Aston added, trying not to let the smile creep on his face as she called him 'daddy' as he still hasn't got used to that yet.

"You should've brought her along, it would've been fine." Aston continued once he heard Lexi's door close upstairs.

"I wasn't bringing Lexi to some silly meeting."

"Silly meeting? Jess this is our wedding!" Aston said, putting his hands on the back of the couch as he stood behind it.

"And she's my daughter Aston!" I snapped, furious.

"She comes before anything, including our wedding, and you!"

"I get that, you know I do! You know what, this isn't even about the wedding anymore! It's about you treating me like a babysitter rather than your boyfriend! I thought I meant something to you!" Aston exclaimed, running his hand through his hair.

"What?! You think you mean nothing to me? Do the words 'I love you' not say enough? What more do you want?!"

"I want you to take 'us' and our wedding seriously! Not like I'm just some guy who looks after Lexi while you go to work and then out with your friends!" Aston said, pointing up towards the stairs as he said Lexi's name.

"That was one time and I said I was sorry!"

"You still did it! I just want to get this wedding sorted and out of the way."

"Nice to know, so marrying me's a task now?"

"No! I never said that!"

"That's what it sounded like! So what is it then? Do you not love me anymore? Or do you just not want me-"

"Stop it! For fuck sake, you know I love you, I wouldn't have proposed to you if I didn't! You're being ridiculous!" Aston shouted, getting more frustrated, as was I.

"Jess I'm sick of arguing with you." Aston sighed.

"Then don't just assume I'll drop Lexi for you!"

"I didn't assume anything! Stop twisting everything I say!"

"You know I care about her way more than you."

"What?"

"I-I didn't mean-" I stuttered, that last statement came out completely wrong.

"Save it Jess! I knew you loved Lexi more than me, any parent would, but you've told me countless times I'm just as important to you. You lied to me."

"I didn't lie to you!"

"You just did! I'm just, I'm just tired of being second best to you." Aston sighed, running his hands through his hair.

"Lexi always come first, I'm not going to change that for some guy!"

"Some guy? So I'm not your boyfriend no? Or even your best friend for the past 5 years? I'm just 'some guy'?"

"Stop making a big deal out of nothing, I'm not telling you anything new!"

"Yeah well sometimes it hurts hearing it Jess."

"You already know it though." I shrugged.

"I thought we were moving forward, what with the wedding and all," Aston pointed out as I just shrugged at him.

"You know what? I'm done." He sighed, shaking his head, heading for the front door.

"Y-You're what?" I stuttered.

"I'm done Jess, I'll see you around."

"That's it?" I asked, as he nodded, my emotions everywhere right now.

"What about the baby? And Lexi?"

"I'll still be here for them, I'm not just going to abandon my kids."

"Well you can take your damn ring back!" I shouted, tears welling in my eyes, as I struggled to take my engagement ring off before throwing it at him.

He bent down slowly to pick the ring up, looked at it intently before slipping it into his pocket, me staring at him as he did so. How could he be ending this?

Vote/Comment if you liked this part or just the story in general
Thankyou so much for reading..as always X