Part 119

Part One Hundred & Nineteen

"So he just left?" Rochelle asked, bringing me a glass of water from in the kitchen.

Rochelle came around just fifteen minutes after Aston left, so I'm guessing he went to Marvin's and Rochelle heard.

"Yeah, he said he was sick of arguing with me and that he was done." I sighed, taking a sip.

"What about the wedding? The baby?" Rochelle asked, trying to make sense of it all.

"No," She breathed out as I held up my left hand to show her my ringless finger.

"He said he was done so I gave it back, there's no point in keeping it if we're not getting married, never mind together." I sighed.

"And the baby?"

"He said he's still going to be around for the kids, that he's not going to abandon them but I dunno." I shrugged.

"How did this even come about? You guys were so happy!" Rochelle frowned, clearly confused.

I took in a deep breath before explaining to Rochelle exactly what happened before Aston decided to call everything off.

Astons P.O.V.

I got in my car and just drove away with no place in my mind where I wanted to go. But in no less than ten minutes I turned up in front of Marv's house.

"Ast? What you doing here? Don't you have a meeting?" Marvin asked as he opened the front door to greet me.

"I er, I don't, me and Jess are," I stuttered before Marvin grabbed my arm and pulled me inside, closing the door behind me.

"Sit down bruv, you're not making any sense."

"What are you doing here?" I spun my head around to the sound of a different voice, only to see that it was Rochelle.

I dug my hand into my pocket and pulled out Jess' engagement ring, holding it flat on the palm of my hand so they could both see it, the gesture explaining what happened for me.

"I'll be back in a bit." Rochelle said suddenly, grabbing her coat off the back of the sofa and giving Marvin a quick kiss.

"Where you going?" Marvin asked.

"To see Jess." She said simply, before going out into the hall followed by a slam of the front door.

"Ast what happened?" He asked, sitting on the opposite end of the couch.

"We er, I said, she's,"

"Just tell me in a nutshell bruv because you're not making any sense." Marvin said, turning the TV off.

"I said I was done." I said as I frowned, staring at the wall blankly.

"With her?" He clarified as I nodded.

"Ast why? You were meant to be getting married in like two months."

"I was just sick of arguing with her all time, and if that's what she's going to be like for the rest of her life then I don't want that."

"Everyone has arguments Ast, me and Rochelle have them all the-wait, how far gone is she?"

"I dunno, I think about three months, maybe a bit more, why?" I asked, rubbing my hands over my face.

"Aston she's pregnant! Her hormones are bound to be everywhere, you've just got to ignore it or take her mind off whatever it is that's put her that way."

"That's not the reason why I left her." I said, shaking my head, I can deal with her hormones no problem.

"Then why? Mate you're so in love with her it makes the rest of us sick," Marvin chuckled, checking his phone quickly.

"Because, I'm always second best to her." I sighed.

"What?" Marvin asked as I nodded at him.

"Ast you're thicker than I thought," He said as I frowned at him.

"Obviously you're second best to her, she's got Lexi to think about first! You do the same, you're always putting Lexi first." He pointed out.

"Yeah but I still pay Jess attention, treat her like she's my girlfriend, she doesn't." I argued.

"Ast the bottom line is you were wrong, you both put Lexi before each other and you'll do the same with the baby, that's what parents do. You're both probably stressed with all of this wedding planning."

"You think?" I asked, chewing my bottom lip.

"Yes! Ast you waited three years for her, you're madly in love with her, you've got Lexi and another baby on the way, you're supposed to be getting married, there's no way you'd throw all of that away."

"Oh my god," I sighed, leaning back into the chair.

"What have I done?" I asked, turning my head to face Marvin as he shrugged at me.

Have I really just thrown my life away?

Vote/Comment if you liked this part or just the story in general

Thankyou so much for reading..as always X