Part 50

Part Fifty

3 weeks later and the miscarriage hasn't once popped into my mind. Work was hectic, Lexi was a handful as usual and Aston was constantly trying to take my mind off it, not that he needed to.

Lexi's at school right now seeing as it's 1 o'clock and I have a very rare day off, which means Aston does too but he went to visit his family this morning.

With Lexi out the way it was easier to clean up her mess without her taking everything back out again. So I sorted out her room and playroom along with the few bits and bobs in my room and the living room.

I was just about to take this handful of toys up to Lexi's room when the doorbell rang.

"This should be fun," I mumbled, trying to open the door with all these toys.

"Aha got it- oh for fuck sake!" I hissed, opening the door and dropping the toys all over the floor at the same time.

"Clutz." I heard Aston chuckle before another hand helped to pick up the toys.

"What are you doing here? Thought you were visiting your family?" I asked, as he put the toys he'd collected into my arms.

"I was, this morning. They have jobs too, it was just a very quick and early visit." Aston said as he followed me upstairs after closing the front door.

"Someone's been busy, don't think I've ever seen Lexi's room so clean." He laughed, leaning on the doorframe.

"It was just easier to get it done without her being under my feet or messing it all up again." I sighed as I stood up, making her bed.

"Yup that's Lex all over." Aston giggled, making me look at him weirdly. That sounded like something a dad would say.

"What?" He frowned.

"Nothing." I replied, shaking my head.

"Alright then, listen what are your plans for Friday night?" Aston asked, coming over to me and placing his hands on either sides of my waist.

"I believe a series worth of Criminal Minds to catch up on and a couple glasses of wine. Why?" I giggled watching Aston roll his eyes at the mention of Criminal Minds.

"Well instead of you being a saddo on Friday night, how about I take you out?"

"Me?"

"You."

"Just me?"

"I'll be there too." He smirked, receiving a slap on the arm.

"As in a date?" I smiled, as his arms slithered back around my waist and his hands locked together behind my back.

"A date, just me and you. I was going to ask you a few weeks ago but the whole situation kind of got in the way." Aston trailed off as he must have saw my face drop slightly.

"I'd love to." I grinned, hanging my arms around his neck.

"Great, I'll sort everything out just make sure you're ready for 7 okay?"

"Ooh, wait what about Lexi?" I frowned, we obviously couldn't take Lexi on our date.

"Hmm, would Louise be able to take her for the night?"

"Noo she's on holiday with Marcus." I moaned.

"Well I- who?" He frowned in confusion.

"Her boyfriend. Plus they only get back late on Friday."

"Ah, I could ask Marv and Rochelle?" He suggested.

"You think they'll take her?"

"You're making it sound like such a task," He laughed shaking his head.

"Lexi's used to being around Marv and Rochelle's a sucker for kids anyway." He shrugged.

"What if they say no, what are we going to do then?" I sighed, this is a lot more complicated than I thought.

"They're not going to say no."

"But what if they do?" I pressed.

"Then we find someone else, my mum could take her."

"This is so difficult." I moaned, resting my head on Aston's shoulder.

"Only a little, nothing we can't handle." Aston said, kissing my head.

"Friday, 7 o'clock, make sure you're ready." He smiled before kissing me gently.

Vote/Comment if you liked this part or just the story in general

Thank you so much for reading..as always X