Part 109

Part One Hundred & Nine

Once me and Aston had our own little moment, Lexi soon piped up and wanted to be apart of the celebrations. We were all sat on the floor leaning against the foot of the bed, Astons arm hung over my shoulder as I held his hand with Lexi sat on Astons knee.

"It's pretty Mummy." Lexi smiled, touching my ring.

"It is isn't it?" I smiled, looking at it again myself.

"So I did okay? We can go out and pick another engagement ring if you want-" Aston wondered before I cut him off.

"Ast no, it's gorgeous, I'm keeping this one," I interrupted as he squeezed my hand.

"I can't wait to start planning this!" I grinned as Aston rolled his eyes, placing his arm around Lexi's waist as she leaned backwards and nearly fell onto the floor.

"Do I even get a say in whatever happens in our wedding or is it going to be a 'say something worth saying or get out' situation?" Aston smirked, as I swatted his stomach.

"Do you really want to get into this now?" I asked as he bit his lip and shook his head.

"Mummy when you get married does that mean Ast's going to be my daddy?" Lexi asked, looking from Aston to me.

For a six year old, Lexi sure does have quite a good understanding of the world around her. I think that being in school's helped her to understand that all families are different but she thinks that the concept of two people who are married means that they're instantly a Mummy and Daddy, which in this case, is true.

"Erm, I guess so, but you'll have to ask Ast first Lex." I replied.

"Ast will you-"

"Only if that's what you want Little Legs." Aston smiled, looking down at Lexi.

This was huge for Aston, I know how much he adores Lexi as he's always made it perfectly clear and the fact that it's Lexi bringing up this topic rather than us meant that this was something that she obviously wanted, something that she's not being forced into.

"I want you to be my Daddy." Lexi said as she nodded, cuddling into Ast's side as he beamed away next to me.

Aston's P.O.V.

I'd gone from being just a boyfriend to a fiancé and a Daddy in the short space of 10 minutes and I honestly couldn't be happier. Once Jess and I got married I'd obviously be Lexi's step-dad and I think she knew that but the fact that she wants me to be her real dad means a lot to me, I was really touched when Lexi was the one to mention it first. I've been in her life since she was two years old, that's four years, so she's not really known any different, but the whole time it's felt like I was playing the 'dad' role. I was taking her to and from school, watching her when I was off and Jess was at work, just plain and simple looking out for her. Plus she'd started to spend some time with my family too over the last two years or so, so there'd be nothing new for her really, just calling me 'daddy'.

Vote/Comment if you liked this part or just the story in general

Thankyou so much for reading..as always X