Part 43

Part Forty Three

Astons P.O.V.

I woke up the next morning expecting to see Jess laid next to me, but she wasn't. I was about to go check the spare room for her but heard her laughing downstairs. Who the hell would be here at this time in the morning?

I went downstairs and saw Lexi sat on Jess' lap showing her a book.

"Well well well, who said you were allowed to come in?" I asked, leaning against the door frame.

"Aston!" Lexi grinned, scrambling off Jess' lap and running over to me.

"Lexi!" I laughed, picking her up before she ran into me.

"Am I allowed to stay?" She asked, looking up at me.

"Course you are," I chuckled.

"I was only joking, stay as long as you like." I said, kissing her head.

"Good, because lots of my toys are still here." She giggled, poking her tongue out at me.

"You best go play with them then." I said, copying her before putting her down on the floor and watching her run off into the back room.

"How come she's here this early?" I asked, sitting next to Jess on the couch.

"I picked her up from Louise's about 2 hours ago, I couldn't sleep." Jess sighed as I have her a questioning look.

"You do know you could've woke me up right?"

"It wouldn't have been fair, I already woke you up once."

"Doesn't matter," I laughed, turning to face her.

"Anytime you need anything, you know you can call me anytime, I don't care."

"I know," She smiled at me with her heartwarming smile.

"Thank you." Jess said before kissing my lips quickly, which set me back a bit.

"No problem." I grinned, kissing her back before pulling her into my chest.

"By the way I talked to Lexi." She said, looking up at me.

"Well duh." I chuckled, rolling my eyes.

"No," She giggled, hitting my stomach.

"I talked to her about the picture she drew."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"Well? What did she say?" I asked, hoping I got the answer I wanted.

"She said that she knows you're not her father, but she wishes that you are."

"Really?" I grinned, looking down at Jess as her attention was on the tv.

"Yeah, that's basically what she said, you're not mad are you?" She asked, looking up at me.

"Mad? Why would I be mad? She's just a little girl, if anything I'm touched."

"I just double checked that she know's you're not her real dad." Jess sighed, playing with her hands.

"Now that I think about it, you've never told me about her real dad."

"There's nothing to know, he left me when he found out I was pregnant and said he wanted nothing to do with us." She mumbled, before looking down at her hands.

"There's something you're not telling me," I said, lifting her head up gently.

"Babes what happened?"

"I'll tell you another time, I can't deal with this right now." Jess said, getting up and heading for the back room.

I jumped up and caught up with her before turning her around and pulling her into a hug.

"We'll get through this first then you can tell me about her dad another time okay?" I said to her, kissing her head.

Vote/Comment if you liked this part or just the story in general

Thank you so much for reading..as always X