99. Sweetest Devotion

June 14th 2019, 

Villa Erba, Lake Como, Italy

Dear Harry,

I'm not going to lie, I've been thinking about this for a few days but I couldn't come up with a good opening phrase. God, it feels so weird to be writing a letter to you when you're just having a shower and I'm so used to talking to you about everything... but I guess I'm a hopeless romantic and, since this is a very special occasion, I wanted to make something you'll get to keep forever. 

As you're reading this, you will probably be laying in bed in another room, about to spend the last night as my boyfriend. Yes, from tomorrow, after four years and many adventures along the way, I will finally get to call you my husband and spend the rest of our lives together. How crazy is this? Who would have thought that we were going to get married when we met and were two lost kids at a party? I bet you did. Maybe I did, too. Maybe, unconsciously, when I agreed on going to your flat, I knew you were the one for me. From that day, it was always you... and it will always be you.

You. My stubborn Harry. My kind-hearted Harry. My sweet Harry. My handsome Harry. My calm Harry. My patient Harry. My messy Harry. My silly Harry. My clumsy Harry. My talented rockstar Harry. My rock, Harry. Truth is, I could go on for days and find millions of adjectives to describe how incredible you are and how incredibly lucky I am to call you my person, but I also know you would enjoy it a little too much and I would never see the end of it after our wedding, so I'm going to stop right here. 

Sometimes I wonder if this magic between us will ever vanish and I only hurt at the thought... but if it happens, for some reason, and we start doubting what we have, I need you to read these following words and remember all the heartwarming, beautiful memories we share together. I want you to remember what we are feeling at this exact moment and I need you to remind me the same things, too.

Do you remember when I was a shy, awkward girl that didn't know how to behave? Do you remember when you had long hair and used to smirk all the time? Do you remember our first conversation, your princely 'enchanted to meet you'? I was trying to put a wall between us because I was strongly against one night stands but I couldn't stop myself from swooning because of your charm. Do you remember our first kiss? Do you remember when you asked me if you could stay at mine and held me tightly all night? Do you remember when I pretended to like beer just because you adorably bought one for me? Do you remember when you fell asleep on me in Brighton? I never told you this, but the fact that you already trusted me that much, gave me feel butterflies. Do you remember seeing each other after months and feeling like we hadn't seen each other for a few days, instead of months? Do you remember the desire to talk to each other and the worry of actually doing that? Do you remember sneaking around hotel rooms, trying to not get caught, because the secrecy excited our young, silly souls? Do you remember texting to each other while in the same room, like teenagers, just because we were surrounded by our friends? Do you remember our immature little fights that seemed like the end of the world at the time? Do you remember the first time we told that we loved each other? I can still see your young, cute, scared face right before you told me what you felt and my happiness when I realized that you felt the same way as I did. Do you remember our first vacation together? Your fear of sharks and my naiveness? That little boat? Do you remember drunk dancing to the strains of Bowie's music and making love all night? Do you remember holding my hand while I was getting my first tattoo in Malibu? Do you remember how nervous I was when I met your mother for the first time and how we immediately hit off? Do you remember being in the biggest cities in the world but spending our days inside, just because our company was more than enough? Do you remember all our serious conversations? And all the silly ones? Do you remember spending our hours before our concerts in a dressing room, joking around with Louis, Niall, and Liam? Do you remember how you used to sing to me those English rock songs that we both love very much? Do you remember my pancakes in bed? Do you remember our lazy days, our favorites? Do you remember making love for hours and knowing each other's bodies by heart? Do you remember that warmth and happiness you felt when we finally held each other, after months apart due to our crazy job? Do you remember how difficult it was to compromise on certain matters, because, as someone sings in a song that's very close to my heart 'it's hard when we argue, we are both stubborn, I know'? Do you remember how painful it was to screw up and how difficult it was to live in the absence of one another for a year? And do you remember how easy it was to make up, once we cleared everything out? Do you remember how you felt the moment our lips touched? I felt at home. You are my home, Harry. And do you remember when you proposed to me, in Japan? That was one of the best days of my life and, if I think about it now, I still get tears in my eyes. Do you remember being there for each other, no matter what? Do you remember not being afraid to cry in front of the other and being the first person to talk to? And the comfortableness of being just ourselves around each other, nothing more, nothing less? 

We went through many lows but many highs too and I would never change anything about us. I didn't think it was possible but, somehow, I love you more and more every day. Over the past few years that we have known each other, you have grown so much and I don't think you give yourself enough credit for that. I think I don't tell you this enough and I really don't know what I did to deserve you, but I am so grateful to have you by my side because you make me a better person. I want to thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for being the man that you are every single day because you are able to make me the happiest, most spoiled, loved woman on earth... and I never thought I would find someone as wonderful as you. 

Falling in love with you has been the best rollercoaster I could ever experience.

I can't wait to see how good you look in your suit, 

I can't wait for our first night as husband and wife, 

I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you,

I love you very very much,

Your very-soon bride to be,

Jade

----

----

Writer's note:

Guys, finally I was able to update... The past two weeks were very important uni-wise so I didn't have much time to write. Anyway, I've had this chapter in my mind for a while and, even if it was a different chapter, I really liked the idea and I hope you enjoyed it, too. Make sure to let me know what your thoughts in the comments and, if you liked it, please, vote it!

Anyway, we are very very very close to the end, oh my God :( 

Also, I updated Perfect, that is this story but from Harry's point of view, so, if you'd like, go check that out, too. I promise it's even better and funnier than this one.

I hope you have an amazing day,

Jade x