81. Eyes On You

January 28th 2017, Los Angeles

"I've texted Louis yesterday," Harry told me as we were cuddling on his bed, "we're going to have lunch together today"

"That's good, Harry" I genuinely smiled at him, "I'm proud of you for taking the first step" 

"Will you come along?" he suddenly asked

"I-I mean... I don't think I..." I started saying, 

"Louis told me to ask you," he interrupted me, "Freddie is going to be there and he wanted us to finally meet him" 

"You haven't met him yet?" I raised my voice shocked

"No," he shook his head, "I told you, we hadn't talked to each other in a long time" 

"Let's get ready, then," I said, trying to get up. As I was standing up, Harry grabbed my hand and pulled me towards him, whined "stay here a little longer" before wrapping his arms around my body. He started pecking me all over my face so I burst out laughing. I felt his smile growing while he kept on leaving sweet kisses on my skin and, in that moment, I really realized why I loved him so much. 

As I knew it would happen, we stayed in bed too long because cuddling was one of our favorite hobbies and, as we realized it was already late, we rushed at getting ready. Luckily I wasn't one of those girls who take hours at getting ready and, after having a quick shower, I shoved some leggings and a t-shirt on and was ready, before my boyfriend. 

"Weren't boys supposed to wait for girls?" I teased as he was getting dressed in blue jeans and a casual shirt, 

"In this house, we don't believe in gender norms"   he sassily replied so I stuck my tongue out, only making him giggle. 

"I'm quite nervous," he admitted as we got in his car, "it's silly if you think that we spent so much time together and I feel anxious about meeting him" he tensely chuckled 

"It's not silly, it's natural" I replied,

"It's just..." he started saying before taking a little break, "I said and done things I'm not proud of... and I don't know if I can face him" 

"You can," I placed my hand on his, "he knows the real you and he loves you, he will understand... he probably already knows you weren't in the right state of mind,"

"I could always call him and tell him we had a hiccup" he looked at me, 

"First, look at the road," I giggled, "second, stop being silly and just drive" I continued, "I'll switch the radio on so you can distract yourself," I did and, ironically, Perfect by One Direction was playing.

"If you like cameras flashing every time we go out... if you're not looking for someone to write your break up songs about... Baby, I'm perfect, baby we're perfect," he sang, while looking at me again, I smiled at the lyrics change before he quickly flipped station. 

As we arrived at Louis, Harry was so tense that he didn't even ring the bell. I didn't really know what they had told each other but it was clear that it had been intense if he was feeling so bad about it. Louis soon opened the door with the biggest smile on his face and the cutest little boy in his arms. As soon as Harry saw him so happy with his child, he immediately relaxed. 

"Good morning, my amazing friends" Louis greeted us, "this is Freddie," he proudly smiled, 

"Hi, handsome," I told him, before bopping his nose, he grinned at me and I was already in love with him. I had always been pretty good with kids, it was like I had a connection with them: I loved them and they loved me.