82. Stan

January 29th 2017, Los Angeles

After a swift call, Pat had convened me at Syco offices in Beverly Hills, because he wanted to talk to me personally. Needless to say that I had barely slept that night due to my nerves. Pat had sounded really weird on the phone but I couldn't think of anything I had done wrong. Jarry rumors were spreading, but our teams had always rooted for our relationship, so I was pretty sure it wasn't about it. He had asked me if I was alone and made sure that I stayed with Harry all night, but I think it was him just being nice.  To be honest, I didn't know what the meeting was going to be about, but I felt nervous.

"Sit down, please," Pat said as I was welcomed into an office where my whole team weirdly was. All eyes were on me as they were silently waiting for me to take a seat.

"We summoned you today because we need to tell you something really serious," Pat said, "yesterday we were advised that someone tried to break in in your New York apartment... luckily the person wasn't able to do so because, as he heard the alarm, he quickly ran off," he sighed, "but we might just know who tried to do that" 

"What?" I raised my voice, starting to feel very anxious inside 

"Throughout these past few weeks, we've been receiving weird stuff at the label... all for you,"  he started saying, "but we didn't think it was a big deal... we thought they were from an obsessed fan,"

"What kind of stuff?" I panicked even more, "what is going on?"

"Letters, roses, pictures... gifts for you" he looked down, before getting some pieces of paper out of a drawer and handing them to me, 

"You are MY everything, Jade Evans. I will find you and we will be together forever.

"I saw you today. You were laughing with your manager at the hotel's entrance, I was looking at you from my car... I'm so in love with you."

"I've read on the news that you're back with that jerk. You can't be serious. We were supposed to be together. How could you do that to me? I love you. You CAN'T be with him. He doesn't deserve you."

"I was dreaming of you. Of us. We were running in a field with our children... I woke up in the middle of the night just to see other pictures of you with that twat. Jade, don't do this to me. I fucking love you!"

"I will talk some sense into you. See you soon. I love you, my soul mate."

"The last one arrived yesterday afternoon" he sighed, 

"What the hell?" I pretty much yelled, "who's this person?"

"The police has been looking into it... His name is Casper, he's 20... he's been obsessed with you for two years now... he's been to a bunch of your concerts and has a fan account completely dedicated to you," Pat explained, "but he's never been reported for anything,"

"We think he suffers from some mental illness, but we're not sure about it" Kath intervened, "like we're not sure if it was him trying to break into your apartment"

"What should I do?" I worriedly asked,

"Your security team will be strengthened and you will be accompanied anywhere from now on," Pat replied, "until we figure everything out"

"And try to avoid getting papped with Harry," Kath informed me upset, 

"Why?" I asked, confused