14. Fool's Gold

November 18th 2014, London

"Have you ever hooked up with a fan?" I randomly asked while giggling 

"Wow, that came out of nowhere" he laughed, "why do you wanna know?" he asked and I shrugged since there was no particular reason I wanted to know, I was just curious. 

"I did" he shortly after admitted, "it was at the beginning of everything, I saw a beautiful girl at a meet and greet, made her come backstage and a thing leads to another, you know" he awkwardly laughed

"Weren't you afraid she was going to tell everybody?"

"I was still naive, but luckily she was a sweetheart and didn't"

"You know you're the second boy I've hooked up with" 

"What?" he incredulously asked 

"Yeah, I was with Nick for two years and he was my first and only" I giggled

"Good" he only said while switching position. He was now fully laying down, with his head resting on my legs. 

"You are very comfortable" he stated 

"Is that your way of saying I've got fat all over my thighs?" I raised my eyebrow teasingly 

"Don't be silly, you're stunning" 

"Don't try to turn what you've just said around, I'm offended" I joked

"I can never tell if you're sarcastic or not in these situations"

"You're not the first one to tell me this" 

"Don't compare me to the other people, I get offended if you do"

"Then it's a tie" I laughed as he stick his tongue out at me. 

We remained silent for a while, without realizing I started stroking Harry's hair, finding it the softest hair I had ever touched. While I was doing it, I noticed Harry slowly falling asleep. In the dim light, I observed him and felt the luckiest girl alive. 

As the sun was rising, I admired the view in front of me. Even if it was really early, people was starting to show up so I decided to gently wake Harry up. He opened his emerald eyes and when he looked at me, I felt weak. I swear his stare made me feel some kind of unexplainable way. 

"I'm sorry for falling asleep, I'm always too relaxed when I'm around you"  he said while standing up and offering me his hand to help me do the same. 

"What if I left you there?" I teased 

"You would never" he giggled 

"How can you be so sure?" I raised my eyebrow

"I just know, let's go" I grinned and he begun walking towards the boardwalk. I followed him still with a big smile on my face. We decided to stroll for a while before heading back to London. 

I was walking when I heard a click. Being paranoid, I immediately turned around to check if there were paparazzi around but saw Harry with a vintage polaroid camera in his hands. He shook the picture he had just taken and proudly showed it to me. It was a beautiful photo of me walking with the sea in front of me. He, then, told me he was so obsessed with snap-shots that he always had a camera with him. He also said he didn't really like taking them with his phone because there was something cooler about having them printed, in fact he had taken a lot throughout the years and kept them all in his house. 

While we were finally heading to the car, I heard his stomach grumbling. He didn't want to be recognized so I entered a little cafe and got us some breakfast while he waited for me outside kind of in disguise. 

We got into the car, I looked at the clock and it was 7am. I couldn't believe how time flew when I was with him. The whole night had been surreal, I mean I had driven to another city and spent hours on a random beach with Harry Styles. The more time I spent with him, the more I got why people was so obsessed with him, he emitted a special aura, he was like a magnet that everybody was attracted to, including me. 

I turned the radio on and ironically Steal My Girl was on. He tried to change station but I didn't let him. 

"Everybody wanna steal my girl, everybody wanna take her heart away, couple billion in the whole wide world, find another one cause she belongs to me"

I sung at the top of my lungs while Harry stared at me with an amused grin on his face. 

"You said you weren't a fan" he teased 

"I told you, I'm a Louis' girl, I need to know his songs" I teased him and I noticed he clutched his jaw and pretended to laugh. It was surreal how I already could tell if he meant something or not.

We kept jamming to hits until we were just out of London and the music stopped because his phone started ringing. Since his phone was connected to his car, I read on the screen "Nadine". I could see he was uncertain but I didn't know why. He waited for a few seconds before pressing the green button. 

"Why did you switch your phone off? I've been so worried" an american girl said angrily

"Uhm" he hesitated, "I was busy sorry"

"When are you coming to LA?" 

"Soon"

"Are you okay? You seem off" 

"I've just woken up, don't worry" he lied, "I'll call you back, okay?"

"Sure, bye" she hung up. 

I was left speechless. I couldn't believe he hadn't told me about her. It's not like I expected us to be a thing, but  somehow, I felt hurt, disappointed, mad. I should have known better. He didn't try to explain, which saddened me even more. I looked at him and he was already looking at me. He was definitely confused. I didn't know what it was, but his eyes were different.

"Were you going to tell me you have a girlfriend?" I whispered 

"I-I don't" he stuttered, clearly lying

"You didn't sound too certain there" 

"It's a long story Jade" 

"I definitely have got time" 

"It's not worth it" he said as he pulled up in front of my house. His words hurt me even more. I didn't answer, opened the door, waited a few seconds, unconsciously hoping for some explanations, and walked out of the car. 

"I should have known, you're the ladies' man of the band, you said it yourself" and just like that, I  shut the door and left him behind.

------

Writer's note:

Did you expect this? :)

Also, who's excited for April 7th? Because I surely am!! 

Thank you for reading this chapter, if you liked it make sure to comment and vote :)