19. Desire

February 5th 2015, Sydney

"Are you joining us for dinner Jade?" Louis brought me back to reality. Harry and I had been staring for what felt like years but none of us had the courage to walk towards to the other and start a conversation. I could see he felt the same way that I did from the look on his face. He was surprised, kind of awkward but content at the same time. I wondered what was going through his mind and I felt the need to go talk to him, but I repressed that desire and turned to Louis. I agreed on dining with them and went to my room to chill out for a few hours since jet-lag was kicking in. 

I laid on my bed and couldn't help but keep on thinking about those emerald eyes. Even though I had planned on not letting him get to me, a few seconds with him made me lose my cool completely. I should have been mad at him for ignoring me but, at the same time, I knew he had had all the rights to do so, since I had given up on him so easily. I had probably disappointed him and he probably didn't trust me anymore nor wanted to. Or maybe he just didn't give a damn about me and I was overthinking everything as per usual. The only certain thing about this was that nobody had ever had the same effect he had on me, and it was scary. 

I started getting ready to avoid all these thoughts that were driving me crazy. I decided to wear some jeans shorts and a vintage Pink Floyd crop top. I fixed the little make up I had on and it was time to go meet them. I walked to the hall and I noticed Lou and her daughter Lux sat on a couch. I walked towards them and greeted them with a big hug, since I hadn't seen them in a while. We chatted for a few minutes before everybody arrived. I was surprised to see a huge group of people but then I actually realized it was One Direction we were talking about, one of the biggest bands of the moment.  Pat and I were introduced to everybody and then we left for dinner. 

Harry was walking right in front of me while talking to Liam. Still to that day, it amazed me how he could look as good by wearing simple black skinny jeans and a t-shirt. 

"Stop staring, everybody will notice" Louis put his arm around me and giggled

"Shut up" I laughed and pushed him away. We were probably laughing too loudly because Harry and Liam turned around and faced us. Harry raised his brow at Louis but didn't even take a look at me. 

"It's not even been a full day and I already know this tour's gonna be fun" Louis smirked before dragging me towards our huge table. 

I sat in-between Louis and Pat, Niall was in front of me, Zayn was next to Louis while Liam and Harry were, disappointingly, on the other side of the table next to Lou and other people from their staff. I casted a glance over him and noticed he was really engaged in his conversation to a man. Nonetheless, as soon as he finished what he was saying, he had a gander at me. Our eyes met for a fleeting second, before I looked at the menu. 

We had a lovely dinner and decided to head to Niall's room for a while before going to sleep. As soon as we arrived Zayn and Louis put some music on, Liam and Niall opened the mini bar and started getting drinks out while I was left with Harry on the couch. We didn't talk for a while, he was on his phone and I was on mine. 

"So..." I heard his raspy voice and almost had a heart attack, "how have you been?"

"G-good, everything's been pretty crazy" I kind of stuttered, "what about you?"

"We're back to the stammering?" he teased, "I'm good, thanks for asking" he slowly said, "are you nervous about this tour?" he asked 

"I'm starting to get very anxious but I'm sure it'll be fine, are you?"

"I'm more excited than nervous, performing is the part I love the most about our job" he genuinely smiled, "oh, congratulations on your EP, it's impressive"