2. Dreams do come true

October 5th 2014, London

I was never a morning person but all the excitement made me wake up as soon as my alarm went off. I walked to the kitchen and found a note from Stella wishing me luck, explaining that she had a shoot and was going to be back in the evening. Whilst making myself some tea and eggs, I turned my music on and started jamming. I was in the best mood and nothing could have changed that. 

The studio was luckily a fifteen walk from my flat and, as I was walking there, what had happened in the past twenty-four hours started sinking in. It still felt surreal that I had been signed to one of the most important labels in the world. The first time I met Simon, he told me he saw potential in me, in my voice, and that was the moment I knew my life was going to change. I knew I had a nice voice and I had worked my butt off to improve it but never in a million years I would have thought I was going work at the same label as Beyonce's. They had been clear: the main challenge for me was convincing the people. I was that I was starting from scratch and no one indeed knew me. They also warned me about what was going to happen to my life, fame had its pros and its cons: paparazzi, big mobs, being far away from home most of the times, people taking advantage of me. However, that didn't scare me away at all, I was excited.

After waiting in a room for a few minutes, while admiring many platinum records by a bunch of artists I had always listened to, Simon entered the room, followed by two women and a man.

"Jade, it's a pleasure to see you again," he quickly hugged me "this is your "team":  Katherine, your publicist" he pointed at a short blond woman,"Patrick, your personal manager," he pointed at a brown-eyed man who smiled at me, "and Amy, your booking agent and  retail sales manager" he introduced the last woman standing in the room. After telling me about themselves, Simon interrupted them, once again, by entering the room with another man,

"This is Savan Kotecha, one of the best and most sought-after songwriter in the industry," Simon said, "he's been working with us for a long time now... I talked to him about you and he decided to give it a go, so don't screw it up, Jade," he said, 

"Nice to meet you, darling," he shook my hand, "are you ready to smash a session and produce a hit?" he smiled and, just like that, he lead me towards a studio and we started working. He initially taught me everything I needed to know about the studio itself, like how to switch a mic on, or how to start and stop recording,

"So do you play any instruments, Jade? he asked,

"I do," I nodded, "Guitar, bass, and piano,"

"Really?" he looked surprised, "alright, let's see what you've got... I've been working on a musical base for a while now but I still think something's missing." he said as he pressed the play button. A sick base started playing but, as he had said, something was indeed missing. I immediately headed towards the piano and started playing something I thought would fit perfectly. As I was playing, Savan looked at me with pure satisfaction in his eyes.

 "This is what the song needed", he squealed, "I feel so inspired, thank you!" he said, "you know what we should do now? We should start writing down some lyrics."

After a few hours, we had already written a lot of sentences that worked well together. As we took our lunch break and headed to a cafe near the studio, I learned that Savan was an actual legend, he had written some of the most popular hits but managed to be the most down to earth man.

"Savan, mate!" I heard an Irish accent coming from behind us, "how are you? I haven't seen you in so long!" as I turned I saw the same face I had seen in the club the night before: Niall Horan.

"Hey Niall," he stood up and hugged him, "how are you guys? Always around the world, huh?"

"We are living our best lives," he smiled, "can I sit with you while I wait for Simon?"

"Sure," he said, "by the way, this is Jade, she was recently signed at Syco!"

"Nice to meet you," he shook my hand, "and congratulations," 

"Nice to meet you, too" I smiled at the blond boy in front of me,  "I love your accent!" and, just like that, we hit off. Even if we were just chatting, it was clear that Niall was a really genuine guy, not arrogant at all.

"So do you like One Direction?" Savan asked with a smirk,

"I'm not a Directioner, if that's what you're asking... but I don't mind their music," I said, "and if I hated them I would tell you... I'm a really honest person" I laughed with Niall,

"We might need to change that for the sake of your career, darling," Simon sat next to Niall and made everyone laugh,

"I see you've met Niall," Simon said, "as you probably know, he's been in the business for about four years now so if you ever feel like you need to talk to someone I'm sure he won't mind," 

"Sure," I smiled, "I would like that."

------------------------

Author's note:

Hello everybody and thank you for reading the second chapter. Let me know what you thought of it :)

Also, I'm not English or American or Australian so I know my English is not perfect. If you notice mistakes or whatever let me know.

Have a nice day, 

Jade x