41. Don't Give Up On Us

May 17 2015, Las Vegas

"You look gorgeous as usual!" Pat exclaimed as he entered my dressing room. We were in Las Vegas for the Billboard Awards and Lou had done an amazing job as usual. I was wearing a beautiful Saint Laurent blush pink dress with embroidered details on the skirt and high heels that matched perfectly. My hair was in a high ponytail and the makeup was simple but really pretty. 

"I feel like a princess" I grinned 

"There's only one thing missing: a prince charming" he joked so I pretended to laugh. Something that I had had to learn with the job was to hide my feelings so everybody believed I was really happy when, really, all I wanted to do was cry in my hotel room and eat chocolate or ice cream. The truth was that things hadn't been sorted out yet with my prince charming and I wasn't sure they were going to be. The only sure thing was that I missed him already and all I could think about was him. 

"Are you nervous about walking the carpet?" he changed topic

"Yes" I cried, "it's my first one... I'm shitting my pants!" I giggled

"Don't sweat it" he said, "just remember what we've told you: be polite, try to detour if they ask things we don't want you to talk about or things that make you feel uncomfortable, mingle with people and wear your best smile"

"You're only putting pressure on me by repeating these things" I snapped, "sorry I didn't mean to sound rude" I looked down, "I'm stressed" 

"You don't say" he giggled, "you don't handle this kind of pressure too good" he said, without realizing that the reason for my stress wasn't actually the show.

After a while, Katherine knocked on the door and announced that it was time to leave the hotel and head to the venue. As we were getting closer and closer, I started thinking about the worse things that could happen to me, like falling in front of all those cameras, and I could feel my nerves shaking. If I made a fool of myself, everybody would talk about it everywhere and I surely didn't want that. 

Soon, the chauffeur opened the door for me and, as I stepped out of the car, I unexpectedly heard fans yelling and calling my name. I turned around and noticed that those screams came from a huge group of people behind barriers. I turned to Pat and my bodyguard to ask if I could go there and talk to them and he nodded, so I did. I took many selfies with them, signed autographs and talked to them. Surprisingly they didn't hate me and they didn't say anything about me using One Direction, so I felt relieved. 

After that, a woman told me the time had come: I had to finally walk the carpet. She instructed me on where I had to stand and for how long I was supposed to stay there so I did as I was told. It was weird to hear men yelling my name, telling me to look their way, to smile, to be goofier or to change pose but, for a first-timer, I think I did pretty good. 

As I was posing for the last pictures, I noticed the boys stepping out of their car

As I was posing for the last pictures, I noticed the boys stepping out of their car. They were matching in their smart clothes and all looked incredibly handsome. Harry was wearing an all-black slim-cut suit that suited his body perfectly, boots and a skinny scarf that looked really good with those clothes. It still amazed me how he could effortlessly make anything, even simple things, look that good. As I was staring, Katherine's voice brought me back to reality and made walk away towards the interviewers. 

"Welcome to Las Vegas Jade" an interviewer for an American gossip show said, "is this your first time here?" 

"It is actually!" I smiled, "I'm very excited to be here" 

"How are you? Your life is pretty busy these days, isn't it?" he asked 

"It is, indeed, very hectic, but I love what I do so I couldn't be happier" I grinned

"Can we expect an album soon?" he asked

"I'm in the studio at the moment" I smiled, "you won't have to wait long" I winked 

"What inspires you to write all your songs?" he smirked and I already knew where the interview was going to end up

"Life, I guess" I giggled, "when I experience certain things, I always end up in a studio or somewhere where I write some lyrics... I don't talk about my feelings a lot so writing songs helps me a lot..."

"Is there a special someone in your life that, maybe, is inspiring you?" he smirked once again and I turned to Katherine that only grumbled 

"Who knows?" I giggled, trying to detour the question as Pat had told me 

"Who are you rooting for tonight?" he changed topic with a disappointed stare

"Obviously I'm rooting for my friends" I smiled, "One Direction". 

After a bunch of interviews, I was finally free to wander around for a while before the show. I was surrounded by VIPs that I had been a fan of or that I had seen at least once on TV. They were standing next to me, were smiling at me and even congratulated me on my music so I felt pretty starstruck. Needless to say that, no matter what, my eyes always fell on Harry. He looked amazing but there was something missing: his genuine smile. Sometimes he laughed with the boys, but I could tell he wasn't himself. 

"Look at you, love" I heard Louis say as he was heading towards me with the boys. Since cameras were around, they all hugged me. Harry was the last one to do so but his hug was the coldest hug he had ever given me and it left me disappointed and hurt. 

"Did you fall on the carpet?" Louis asked while giggling, since I had stressed him over it

"Shut up" I chuckled, "I'm a natural" I winked and he snorted

"Guys" a photographer interrupted us, "can I take a picture of you all together?" he asked and, obviously, we all posed together. We didn't have a photo all together so I was really excited to see the result. 

"You two need to grow up and work your shit out" Louis whispered in my ear, "you look like two ghosts!" 

"It's not like we can talk here" I sighed

"Hi guys!" Pat greeted the boys one by one, "it's time to go inside" he smiled, "you'll be seated right in front of them" I turned to the boys and noticed Harry's eyes fixated on me. I shyly smiled at him but he didn't return the smile. Instead, he bit the inside of his left cheek and looked down. Seeing him, us, like that made me want to run away. I had never felt such pain before, not even with Nick, but I couldn't escape it that time. I held back tears and smiled at them, before walking away with Pat. 

I sat in the audience, next to my manager, and felt my phone vibrating. I looked at it and was surprised when I saw Harry's name on the screen. 

"Come to my hotel room with me after the show please." I read. I didn't know if he wanted to talk about what I had told him or if he had made up his mind and wanted to break up with me so I felt extremely anxious inside. 

 "Sure" I replied

"You look breathtaking" he answered after a few seconds, making me smile. 

----

Writer's note:

Thank you for reading this chapter! It's kind of a necessary filler but I hope you enjoyed it anyways. If you liked it make sure to vote and leave a comment please :)

Hope you have an amazing day x