21. Honesty

February 9th 2015, Sydney

"We're renting a yatch for the day, can we count you in?" Liam asked me.

"Yes!" I squealed

"I'm sorry to break it to you but you have some interviews today" Pat entered the room just in time to kill my mood

"Oh... right" I disappointedly answered

"Lou's already waiting for you in your room, hurry" and just like that I told the boys and their girlfriends to have fun and left the room.

As I was walking, I felt my phone bleeping, I looked at the screen and was surprised when I saw an unexpected text from Harry,

"I'm staying back at the hotel if you want some company when you're back x"

Childishly, I decided to not answer to him. I was actually aware I was going to text him back sooner or later, but a little waiting had never hurt anybody. I reached my room and Lou had already put an outfit on the bed for me to wear and organized all her equipment on the main table. She made me pretty and, as soon as she finished, it was time for me to leave.

In the car I admired the city since it was my last day in Sydney and, once again, I was awed by the beautiful atmosphere that was surrounding me. Quickly we arrived at the radio and I was welcomed by the girl and the boy who were going to interview me.

"Good morning Jade" the two said simultaneously

"Hello, nice to meet you" I smiled at them

"So, you've been in the industry for only about months and you've already reached the UK Top10 and today you entered the Top20 here in Australia" the girl said,

"Don't forget she's also on tour with one of the biggest boybands in the world..." the boy added

"How did you do it?" we all giggled

"What can I say? I'm very lucky" I smiled

"It's not just luck, I've seen you yesterday on stage, you're definitely talented" she said and I couldn't keep my grin but felt my cheeks turning bright red at the same time

"Thank you so much" I kept smiling

"I don't want to be the party pooper here and I know you'll probably detest me after" the boy started talking, "but people are bombarding us on Twitter... They want to know if there's something going on between you and Niall"

"I can see why they're wondering with all the gossip and speculation..." I paused, "but to answer their question: there's nothing going on between us, we're close friends, he's like a brother to me" I giggled

"And what is your relationship with the other boys?"

"I'm good friends with all of them, they're all very sweet and fun to be with, I'm very lucky to be able to travel and work with them"

"Their directioners will definitely feel relieved after that" the girl laughed.

Before leaving we chatted some more about my music, about my plans for the future and about my thoughts on Australia. On my way back to the hotel, I decided to post a selfie from the day before on Instagram with "All I want is someone to believe", part of the lyrics from Honesty by Billy Joel, as the caption.

 On my way back to the hotel, I decided to post a selfie from the day before on Instagram with "All I want is someone to believe", part of the lyrics from Honesty by Billy Joel, as the caption

I arrived back at the hotel and texted Harry pretty much immediately. He replied a few minutes later that he was on his way and, in fact, I heard him knocking on the door shortly after. I opened and saw him standing there in front of me, wearing casual shorts and a t-shirt and looking amazing as per usual.

I asked him if I had had lunch and, since he hadn't, we ordered some food from the menu. As we were waiting I sat on my bed and saw him contemplating. He looked at the bed I was sat on and at the couch that was in front of it, then he chose the latter.

"How was the interview?" he asked and I could tell he was kind of nervous from the way he was moving

"It was good but Harry..." I looked at him in the eyes, "things don't have to be this awkward between us"

"I don't know how to behave when I'm with you" he admitted. I didn't know what he meant and all I wanted was to read his mind. We remained in silence since I didn't answer and he didn't add anything.

"Then why did you ask me to spend time with you?" I finally asked

"Because I've been wanting to spend some time alone with you since I've seen you in the hall but I didn't want people to talk about it for the rest of the tour" he spit out but we were interrupted by the bellboy knocking on the door and bringing our food in the room. He looked at the both of us and when he recognized Harry, I could tell he felt starstruck. We tipped him and he finally left us alone.

"Why didn't you text me back?" I finally got it off my chest, "and be honest, I won't get mad"

"You never texted me" he sounded sincere but I still didn't know if I believed him

"I did, twice" I looked down, "and just so you know, you have read receipts turned on" I giggled

"I swear to go, I don't know what the fuck you're talking about" he looked confused and I knew that he was actually telling the truth

"Oh never mind, there was some problem probably" I shrugged, "I'm just happy you didn't willingly ignore me" I giggled

"What did they say anyways?"

"O-oh" I tried to make something up but failed miserably, "happy birthday and s-stuff"

"Stuff?" he curiously asked, amused by my nervousness

"Yeah, I k-kind of apologized for my over-exaggerated behavior" I looked down, feeling self-conscious

"Are you serious?" he looked kind of concerned, "I'm so sorry and I hope you know I would have never ignored you" he artlessly said and, without noticing, he had made my day.

We chatted some more while finishing our lunch before I excused myself to go to the loo. As I stood up, he did the same but he headed towards the bed. Before entering the bathroom I noticed him actually sitting on the bed and taking his phone out of his pocket.

I exited the toilet and saw he was now laying on the bed,

"I see you made yourself at home" I teased and he lifted his head to look at me and grinned,

"Your bed is more comfortable than mine, it's unlucky that this is our last day here"

"I wouldn't have traded my bed for yours Mr. Styles"

"Who was talking about trading?" he raised his eyebrow, "I wouldn't have kicked you out, I'm a gentleman" he smirked

"I'm sure" I held back my laughter while I walked towards the bed. I reached it and threw myself on it. Involuntarily my hand landed on his stomach, he growled and I bursted out laughing. He took the arm that was resting on his belly and pulled me closer to him. I tried to put up resistance but he was definitely stronger than me so I ended up with my body literally attached to his body (not that I was complaining). He put his arms around my waist and held me tight, making me smile.

"I must admit I had missed this" he whispered with his deep voice, making goosebumps to appear all over my body.

------

Writer's note:

Thanks for reading this chapter! Make sure to let me know what you thought of it and if you liked it please vote :)

I hope you had an amazing day x