8. Ain't My Fault

November 15th 2014, London

Today was the day: Ain't My Fault, my first single was going to be released in the UK. At 9 I had an interview at BBC Radio 1 and saying that I was nervous was an understatement but, at the same time, I was very excited.

I didn't sleep a lot that night and at 6am I was awaken by my "lovely" alarm. I quickly got up, had a shower and, as soon as I got out, I heard the door bell. Lou and her perfect timing. She started doing my hair and make up. She said she thought it'd be better to keep it simple because it was my first real appearance and it was important not to look like too fake because people didn't like that.

At 8.15 I was ready. I was wearing black ripped high-waisted skinny jeans, a black crop top and a black bomber. My make up was simple on my eyes but I had a burgundy lipstick on. I took an uber to the office and met Katherine, my publicist, Patrick, my personal manager there. While we were on our way to the radio, they pleaded with me to make a good impression but I couldn't really listen to what they were saying because of my anxiety. We got to the studios really quickly and, in no time, I was sat in front of Nick Grimshaw.

"And our guest for the morning is someone you've probably never heard of: good morning Jade!" Nick introduced me laughing

"Good morning" I shyly said

"Ok, so, tell us who you are"

"Uhm, well my name is Jade as you said" I giggled, "I was born in Northwich and I've been loving music and singing since I was really young. Last year I moved to London and I was really lucky to be signed by Syco about a month ago" I smiled.

"Wow, congratulations love! So how did it work?"

"I sent some demos hopeful they'd hear them and after a few months they called me saying they wanted to meet me... we talked, I sung and now we're here" I giggled

"That's amazing! So how is working for such a important label?"

"A dream come true, I still can't believe it honestly"

"Have you already met some stars signed by them?"

"Actually I did, I went to a party held by the label last week and I was literally surrounded by people I had listened to or seen on TV at least once... it was quite a night" I smiled at the thought of that night

"Did you talk to anyone in particular?" he smirked

"I had met Niall from One Direction in a studio a few days before so I stayed pretty much the whole night with him and his friends" I laughed

"Nice lad, isn't he?" he smiled, "so your new single is now out, what is it about?"

"You know when you're at a party, you notice the hottest person you've ever seen in front of you, you stare for a while, one thing leads to another and you don't know why but you can't stop yourself from doing some things you never expected to do?" he nodded, "that's pretty much about it" I giggled.

"Sounds amazing" he giggled too, "thank you for passing by Jade, I wish you the best"

"Thank you so much for having me" I smiled

"So this is the moment we've all been waiting for: everybody, this is the premiere of Ain't My Fault by Jade, only on BBC Radio 1".

I couldn't believe what I was hearing, my voice on the radio. I looked around and saw most of the people enjoying my song, I felt emotional and unbelievably proud. I enjoyed every second of it, danced a little, smiled a lot and even let some happy tears come down my cheek. Almost at the end of the song I looked at Nick, he already had his eyes on me, he smirked and said "Harry says hello" and then winked. I was left speechless before a polite woman told me it was time to go.