73. One Dance

December 31st 2016, Northwich

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Jack asked me as he tried his outfit options, "I mean... I wouldn't want you to spend a shitty New Years' Eve again" 

"Why are you stressing me out like this?" I nervously giggled, "I don't think it's going to be that bad!"

"I really hope so, darling... Who knows? Maybe something unexpected will happen," he sighed, "I mean, I expected a fancy New Years' Eve in London when you invited us to the UK and we're going to a house party in Holmes Chapel so you really can never say never..." he seriously said, making me burst out laughing, "plus, I'm excited about meeting Harry..." he scratched his forehead, "no... that's a lie, I don't really like him... I'm more excited about meeting his sister" 

"Would you stop your monologue?" I stopped him, "you don't even know him!"

"I know what he's done to you... and that's enough for me to dislike him" he raised his eyebrow, 

"He wasn't himself" I defended him, "I know it was wrong... he knows it too... but he explained and it's in the past now," I said, "plus, we're only friends" 

"Sure... so what will you do if he flirts with some girl?" he giggled, "Jade, don't get me wrong, I'm really happy for you, but I don't want you to hurt... I'm just telling you to take one step at the time"

"Why's everyone so worried about it?" I shook my head, "I know what I'm doing... and if he flirts with a girl, I won't care" I lied

"Okay, I'm just looking out for you because you're my best friend," he said, "but I'll try to be the kindest and nicest 'lad' tonight" he promised, mocking the English accent and making me giggle. 

Yes, Harry had invited me - plus my friends Jack and Caleb since they had planned their trips already - to spend New Years' Eve with him, his family and their friends. I had hesitated at first but, as I realized it was the first New Years we'd spend on speaking terms,  I gave in. I didn't know what to expect because I wasn't used to spending the beginning of the year in a house with a lot of people I didn't know. When I was a kid, my parents would always bring my brother and me on a little skiing vacation in France and, as I grew older, I started spending it in clubs or in other cities. But I was excited to spend it with Harry. 

"Talking about serious matters..." I rolled on my bed, "what should I wear?"

"You don't know yet?" he yelled, "okay, we need something chic and fashionable but not too flamboyant... let me look through your closet" he headed towards it and started getting some clothes out. After thinking about it, we settled for a blue lacy mini-dress and simple black strappy heels. 

"I'm outside x" Harry texted me, so we put our coats on and walked downstairs

"I'm outside x" Harry texted me, so we put our coats on and walked downstairs. As usual, I felt nervous - in a good way - about meeting Harry. My feelings were conflicted, but, in these moments, I definitely could understand what people meant when they said they felt butterflies in their stomach... and I didn't even mind feeling like a teenage girl because I was happy.