85. We Used To Be Friends

February 12th 2017, London

"Love, I'm rea..." I heard Harry's voice coming from behind, "what are you doing?" he burst out laughing as he probably saw me taking a selfie with the 'duck face',

"Something you don't do enough... apparently," I sassily joked, "I'm posting a selfie on my Instagram story" 

"Oh, right," he licked his lips, "how could I forget that my girlfriend's the queen of Instagram?"

"I really don't know!" I dramatically replied, "do you like this one?" I turned the phone to him, showing him the last photo I had taken,

"Why would you ask me that? I'm no expert... apparently," he smirked, "and you look beautiful as usual so..." 

"Oh, really, Harold?" I raised my eyebrow, as he walked closer, 

"Yes, really, Jade," he said, as he pulled me closer and kissed me. A smile appeared on my face as I realized he was wearing the coziest jumper I had ever seen. 

"What?" he smiled 

"You're just so... cuddly today" I laughed

"Only today?" he raised his voice, pretending to be shocked, 

"You know you're usually sexier than cuddly to me..." I rolled my eyes, 

"Then... what should we do about that?" he asked

"Unfortunately nothing, babe," I said and laughed at his change of expression, "we can't have your mum waiting for us, you always make her wait too much"

"Who told you that?" he rolled his eyes, 

"I just know," I shrugged, before putting my coat on and dragged him outside. 

It was Sunday's evening and we had planned a roast dinner with Harry's family in one of our favorites restaurants. As usual, we had to hurry and get there as quickly as possible because Harry had started getting ready too late. He didn't have lots of flaws but, in his personal life, he was almost never in time. 

"Are you sleeping at mine tonight?" he asked as he was driving, 

"Do you want me to?" I wiggled my eyebrows, 

"I obviously want you to" he rolled his eyes at me, 

"Then I probably will," I smiled at him, "but tomorrow I have a studio booked from 8 AM so I'll wake up pretty early,"

"I have a soulcycle class at 8.30 so I can drop you off," he said, before parking right in front of the restaurant. I nodded at him, before stepping outside. 

We entered the bistro and, as expected, everybody was already there. We explained why we were late, or should I say I blamed Harry, and started chatting with everybody. What I loved about Harry's family was that they really made me feel a part of them and, in my opinion, it wasn't something to take for granted. 

"I'm the funniest in the family, we all know that" Harry sassily said

"I strongly disagree, darling" Anne replied, "I'm way funnier,"

"Why did the scarecrow get promoted?" Harry asked, making me giggle already, "he was outstanding in his field," he said, making everybody laugh at the table, even if it wasn't even that funny, 

"I swear, you're gonna be one of those dads that tell the lamest jokes and embarrass their children every time," Gemma shook her head chuckling and, for some reason, I imagined Harry as a father and my heart melted. 

After ordering our food, I excused myself to go to the loo but, as I was looking in the mirror and retouching my lipstick, in the reflection I saw someone I never thought I'd see again: Stella. As I realized it was really her in front of me, my jaw dropped, my heart stopped beating and I started cold sweating. We gazed at each other for a few seconds before she started walking towards me.