42. Stand By Me

May 17th 2015, Las Vegas

"Are you coming to the after party to celebrate with us?" Liam asked me throughout one of the last breaks of the show. I briefly looked at Harry, who already had his eyes on me, and shook my head no, explaining that I wasn't feeling too well. The boys had won their awards and I could tell they were really satisfied with them by the smiles on their faces so they were obviously in the mood for a celebration.

"I'm not gonna come either actually" Harry intervened "I have a plane to catch early in the morning"

"I swear you're such a party-pooper these days" a voice I had already heard before said from behind me. I turned around and saw Kendall Jenner right beside me. She looked even better in person and I felt kind of intimidated by her and her beauty so I remained silent and waited for one of the boys to say something. She was wearing a black blazer adorned with pearls and sequins that would have looked horrendous on most people, but she still managed to look gorgeous.

"Kendall" Harry exclaimed with a weird tone, "how are you?"

"I'm good" she flashed him with her smile, "how are you? won't you introduce me to your friend here?"

"Jade, this is Kendall" he worryingly looked at me, "Kendall, this is Jade" he said as we shook our hands

"It's nice to meet you" I said, Louis ironically coughed for some weird reason and Harry glared at him

"I love your voice" she politely smiled

"Thank you so much" I smiled back but she turned to Harry straight away

"We should catch up in LA while we're both here" she said, "I'll text you"

"Sure" he awkwardly said

"It was nice meeting you" she looked at me, "see you later" she told everyone else before walking away

"Well, wasn't it awkward" Louis chuckled with Niall while Liam snorted

"Oh shut it" Harry said

"You are so weird" I rolled my eyes and chuckled before turning around to face the stage. Imagine Dragons were on stage ready to perform and, as the break finished, they started playing a song really close to my heart: Stand By Me by B. B. King. I sang the first lines along before I heard someone gently stroking my shoulder. I could've recognized that touch amongst millions and only the thought of his hands on me sent shivers down my spine. As if his caress wasn't enough, he moved closer to my ear and whispered the lyrics

"I won't be afraid just as long as you stand, stand by me... so darling stand by me" right in my ear, making it impossible for me to hold my smile back. I heard Liam coughing and, as he did that, Harry immediately moved back. I turned around and noticed he was scratching his forehead, as he was used to doing when he was in an uncomfortable situation. I smiled at him and his anxious expression instantly turned into a relaxed one.

The show finally came to an end and I started feeling weird and nervous. I knew that the boys had to take a few pictures with the awards they had won so I decided to go say goodbye to them before that and head back to the hotel. I took a look at Harry and he was talking to a bunch of people, looking handsome and charming as usual. I walked towards them and was surprised when I realized that Ed Sheeran was there as well.

"Ed, hi!" I exclaimed before a quick hug, "I didn't realize you were here with them, I loved your performance!" I smiled

"I'm pretty sure she was just trying to avoid you mate" Louis said, making Niall chuckle as per usual

"I knew that!" I answered, "she's such a feisty one" he snorted

"That's already enough" I giggled, "I'll leave you to your chit-chats and I'll head back to the hotel" I said, turning to Harry as I said the last bit, "have fun at the party!" I smiled before saying bye to everyone. As I was walking away my phone bleeped,

"I'll see you in your room? I'll try to be as quick as possible with pics and interviews x" Harry had immediately sent

"Don't worry about that, I'll wait for you. Oh, and my room is 319 x" I replied.

After getting caught in traffic for about half an hour, I finally arrived in my room and got out of the dress that was as beautiful as uncomfortable. I wore an oversized t-shirt and, as I was removing my makeup, I heard someone knocking on the door. I opened it and Harry was waiting there with his hand on his hip. He wearing the same clothes as before so he hadn't even stopped by his room and it weirdly made me smile.

"Welcome to my humble abode" I joked, "make yourself at home"

"Beautiful" he giggled while entering

"Would you like a brew?" I smiled, "something hot could be good for your cold"

"Sure mum" he teasingly smiled and followed me towards the lounge, "tell me how you manage to look as breathtaking as before even when you're wearing this?" he drew his finger along the t-shirt

"Don't mess with me" I laughed

"I'm serious though" he said and I only smiled at him

"Would you like some milk in your tea?" I asked but he unexpectedly shook his head no, "what?" I dramatically exclaimed

"I don't really like it" he shrugged

"You're the only human being who doesn't like milk in his tea... I don't know if I still respect you after this" I said and he just chuckled at my over-exaggerated reaction. We then took a seat on the couch and remained silent for a while. I looked at him and he looked at me but none of us had the courage to talk.

"So I've thought about what you've told me... a lot" he finally spoke up, "and it just made me realize how stupid we both are" he looked down, "you were right" he paused, "we should talk more and say what we feel, especially in these kinds of situations... but that's something we can work on..." he sighed, "you also said that our jobs will never let us live a normal relationship but we'd never have a normal relationship with anybody anyways..." he sighed, "the thought of losing you, of seeing you in someone else's arms, didn't make me sleep at night... and I'm sure that's not what I want. You are my best friend, I'm literally lost when you're not with me or when we don't speak... I've said if before and I confirm it now, I've never been as vulnerable or comfortable with anyone else, besides my mum" he chuckled, "and I think it means something... please don't let me go, let's not ruin everything over something so meaningless" he finished, took a sip of tea and finally looked at me with a doubtful but full of hope stare.

"Harry I was so stupid to even doubt this" I sighed, "I was only being a paranoid coward and, I know it's wrong, but some of my friends' opinions influenced me..." I looked at him straight in his eyes, "I've thought about us and I'm sure I don't want to give it up... to give us up...you're the best thing that has happened to me, even better than my career, and I love you so much that it hurts sometimes..." I paused, "but I just know that the pain is worth it because anything would be worse if I didn't have you in my life" I finished

"Come here babe" he smiled and I walked towards him. He took my hand and pulled me towards him. I landed on his legs, he hugged me tightly and placed a sweet kiss on my cheek, "I missed you so much" he whispered before laying me down on the couch and passionately kissing me.

----

Writer's note:

Finally, they made up!!!! Thank you for reading this chapter, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoy it! If you liked it make sure to vote and leave a comment please :)

Hope you have an amazing day x