80. How Would You Feel?

January 17th 2017, New York

"Where are we going, again?" I asked again as we exited the cafe together, 

"I'm not telling you, stop asking" Harry chuckled, "I've already told you enough!"

"You told me that we're going to do something I've always wanted to do,"  I stated, "do you know how many things I want to do in my life?"

"Tell me, so I can write them down for your future birthdays" he joked

"Harry, you know I don't cope well with the unknown," I looked at him, "I'm always anxious" I giggled, 

"You really don't have to be," he opened the Uber car door for me, "you will l love it, I promise," he said before the driver started the engine and drove away. 

Harry had told me he had the whole day planned for us and that I didn't have to worry about anything because I was going to enjoy it since he had obviously organized it on the basis of my tastes. I knew him well enough to know he had some crazy and thoughtful thing in mind and the fact that he had thought about everything so carefully already melted my heart, but I was just having fun by annoying him with my obnoxious questions. 

"Where are we, Harry?" I asked with a confused look on my face, but he didn't answer. He had, in fact, stopped replying to any questions regarding the following activities because I was starting to become like "an unbearable kid". 

"Alright," he opened the door and I realized we were on an airstrip, "I hope you're ready to fly over New York, love"

"Are you kidding me?" I squealed,

"Good afternoon," a young man interrupted us, "and happy birthday to you," he smiled at me, "please, follow me," he said, before walking inside a building where there were a lot of helicopters. As I was walking, I looked at Harry with a thankful smile and noticed he was already staring at me with the most adorable grin on his face. I took his hand, taking him by surprise, and we walked inside like that. 

The staff harnessed us up by giving us safety belts and headsets and strapping every belonging we wanted to bring along to us since the doors were apparently off. 

"Hello," another young man joined us, "you must be Harry and Jade. It's an honor to meet you both, I'm Chuck and I'll be your pilot" he shook our hands, "since today's such a sunny day, we will be able to follow the flight path we had agreed on," he smiled, "I hope you're excited, because it will be pretty cool" he chuckled, "also, if you want to take pictures in a specific spot, just tell me and I'll slow down" 

"Thank you so much, man" Harry replied while I was still speechlessly surprised. We sat on the incredible helicopter and, as Chuck was checking everything, I couldn't help but feel humbled and grateful. I literally couldn't find the words to describe what I was feeling at that moment so I only pecked Harry's cheek.

"Whenever you're ready to take off, I'm ready" he turned around to face us

"Are you ready?" Harry asked me

"Let's go!" I nodded excitedly. I heard the engine warming up before we whizzed on the strip and took off. I unconsciously squeezed Harry's hand as I saw the Manhattan skyline under us, then I looked at him and realized he was taking a picture or a video of us, so I just smiled at him and at his cuteness. 

We flew over the Brooklyn Bridge first, then we headed towards Queens and Bronx to finish up over the Statue of Liberty. As we were heading back towards Manhattan, the sun started to set and the view of the skyline was surreal. Seeing it from the sky was even more indescribable. I had never thought I could feel so happy so, all I could do was enjoy every second of it, with Harry by my side.