1. Prologue

Disclaimer: this story is purely a work of fiction.

Enjoy!

"Are you sure you can handle it all?"

"I am,"

"Just know that if you decide to sign it, you can't turn back. As you read, the contract is two years long. You have to respect it or else we will be forced to take measures. If we are satisfied by the end of the two years and you agree, we will renew it,"

"I'm ready,"

"I really hope so darling. All you have to do is sign at the bottom," and, as I did that, I felt butterflies in my stomach. My life dream was becoming reality and I couldn't keep my excitement.

"Perfect, we are happy to finally have you on board, Jade. We will meet you tomorrow at 10 AM to introduce you to your new team and start the writing and recording process. I will text you the details later today," Simon half-smiled, "from tomorrow your life will change completely and it could get extremely overwhelming so I suggest you relax today and have one of your last days as a common girl,"

"Thank you so much, Simon, I feel very grateful to be here," I smiled too, "and I will definitely follow your advice! I'll see you tomorrow."

As I exited the room I couldn't help but smile. I probably looked like a child on Christmas day but I was even happier. I immediately called my mom to tell her the news and, as expected, she reacted by squealing in my hear, telling me how proud she was and crying until I hung up. I knew I had broken her heart when I moved to London but she had always supported me and my dream.

As I opened the door of my flat, Stella, my roommate and best friend, was standing there. I immediately told her everything and she wrapped her arms around me and held me tightly,

"Babe, I can't believe it, I'm so proud of you, I knew you would do it," she kept on hugging me, "we need to celebrate," she shouted in my ears, "we'll go at Libertine or something, I'll tell Andrew,"

"I don't want a hangover on my first day though" I laughed,

"C'mon, Jade, don't be such a pain, you've been waiting for this moment for years, we need to celebrate," she rolled her eyes,

"I can't believe you've known me for 18 years and you still don't understand if I'm joking or not," as my words slipped my mouth, she threw a pillow at me and started laughing. How I loved this girl.

After a few hours of chilling and binge watching Friends, we started getting ready and I decided to keep it simple: black top, jeans, and heels. Stella, on the contrary, went all out with a mini dress that highlighted her beautiful body: she looked like the model she was.

As we arrived at Libertine, we immediately made our way to the dance floor. If there was a thing I really loved, it was dancing. Feeling the rhythm, I kept on swaying my hips. As I opened my eyes, I realized that everybody was gazing at the VIP booth. I couldn't see who they were looking at and Stella, seeing my confused face, told me it was Niall Horan by One Direction.

"Here they are, the model and the big popstar-to-be" Andrew arrived, kissed us on the cheeks and handed us two cocktails. He had been our friends since we moved to London. He had introduced two countryside girls to the London life and from that moment on he became our best mate.

"How's Nick taken the news, Jade?" he asked,

"I haven't heard from him in a few days so he doesn't know," I sighed, "but, honestly, he can fuck off, he won't ruin my moment,"

"That's the spirit baby, cheers!" we raised our glasses.

Nick had been my boyfriend for two years. He was from Northwich, the same town as me, and we had met in school. I experienced my first everything with him and I loved him with all my heart. He was the boy I had always dreamt of, or so I had always thought. However, he had decided to stay in Northwich and, even if the distance had never been a problem for us, in the past few weeks he had become distant.

"So why is every girl trying to get into that booth?" Andrew laughed,

"Niall Horan is there," I explained,

"As in One Direction's Niall Horan?" he took a sip out of his drink,

"How many Niall Horan do you know?" Stella burst out laughing,

"Don't be an arse," he said as he slightly pushed her, "I wanted to be sure,"

"You're an ass Andrew, do you even know how much are these heels?" she cried, "I could've broken them," 

"Poor princess" he mocked her, "you never answered my question, though," he said as he turned to me,

"Yes, it's him, why?" I said as I kept laughing at my friends,

"Maybe you'll be just like him one day and we'll be in that booth," his eyes lit up, "being envied by everyone on the floor,"

"You mean I will be in that booth and you'll be the envious people on the floor?" I smirked,

"Why am I even friends with two arses like you?" Stella shook her head,

"You know you love us, babe," I kissed her cheek, "and I love you two so much, too," we all hugged, raised our glasses and started dancing again.

---------------------

Author's note:

Hello everybody and thank you for taking the time to read my new fan fiction. I will upload frequently and I hope you enjoy it. Let me know what you think of it :)

Also, I'm not English or American or Australian so I know my English is not perfect. If you notice mistakes or whatever let me know :)

Have a nice day, 

Jade x