97. La Vie En Rose

November 20th 2017, San Francisco

Tossing and turning in the bed of my luxurious empty room was all I could do that night. Even if I was tired because of all of the shows and the promo I was doing, my mind was rushing and had been for a few days. I could try to hide it as much as I wanted but, the reason why I was feeling so nervous was that Harry was in Shangai, performing for the Victoria's Secret annual Fashion Show. It wasn't necessarily the fact that he was surrounded by stunning models all the time (even if I felt slightly insecure about that, too), the real problem was that Stella was walking the show and staying in the same hotel as him and, knowing her, I was scared of what she might have plotted. I hadn't said anything to him but, somehow, he knew and I could tell he was just as anxious as me. 

"Why are you already awake, love?" I read on my screen and realized that being active on social media at 2 AM when it was 6 PM in China hadn't been the brightest idea, but I was bored and I was trying to avoid overthinking (and maybe, I was also refreshing every model's Instagram... but no one had to know about that). Different time zones had been the hardest struggle to deal with ever since Harry had started his tour: when I woke up, he was sleeping, when I had some time off, I was working and vice versa. Hence why finding time to facetime had become almost a privilege for us. However, since we were both on the road, something interesting and weird happened pretty much every day so, whenever we had some free time, we texted each other and filled each other in on whatever was going on. I was glad Harry's tour wasn't as crazy as the ones he was used to doing with One Direction because he was clearly healthier and less stressed about everything. On the contrary, mine was even crazier than the boys' and my tiredness was probably visible to the naked eye. Some people had started to notice how exhausted I was and was pointing it out in the comments of every picture I posted but there wasn't much to do about it: this was my job and I loved it. Performing made me so happy that I would have done anything to keep doing it, even if it meant being so worn out for a while. 

"I don't really know lol what are you doing?" I texted Harry back, lying as I didn't want to stress him out, 

"We're in the dressing room. I've already performed Kiwi... now I gotta wait for Only Angel. I wish you were here." he immediately replied, making me smile. 

"I've seen pics of your cool pink shirt... very sexy. And I wish I were with you, too. All the time." I sent and, as soon as he read that, he called me on Facetime. I accepted and when I saw his handsome face, an unconscious smile formed on mine,

"Helloo!" he yelled while grinning, "why is it so dark in that room, I can barely see you,"

"Because it's 2 AM?" I laughed as I switched on the bedside table lamp, "is that the suit you're wearing next?"

"Yes, do you like it?" he recorded it from chest to foot,

"Yes, it's cute... fresh," I nodded so he looked at me pretending to be offended by my words, "you're very hot, Harold," I said and he burst out laughing, 

"Don't try and claw your way out of it," he smiled, 

"There's nothing wrong with what I said babe," I rolled my eyes, "you're cute... but hot cute," 

"Sure..." he sarcastically shook his head, "you know... Erik's been telling me off for a while now," he said with a smirk on his face and I heard his photographer yelling 'stop, I don't want her to hate me, I love her' in the background, only making Harry smirk more, "because I was jumping around on stage, instead of flirting with the models like the other performers," 

"Oh, really?" I joked, "well, tell Erik that I thought I could trust him and I'm very hurt," 

"What he said is not true," Erik sat next to my boyfriend, "I would never encourage him to even look at another girl,"