64. Remember Me

October 31st 2015, Sheffield

"Why are you going again?" Jack asked me over Facetime as I was getting ready. Yes, I was in a hotel room in Sheffield because today was the day of the boys' last concert. I knew it was going to be kind of hard for them so I I had decided to go and show my support to them, even if it meant seeing Harry again and I didn't feel quite ready yet. 

"Because they've been asking me to go for weeks now" I sighed, "and it's their last show as a band so it just felt right"

"You're missing our Halloween party though" he huffed, "but I'm excited because I'm gonna read juicy things about you on Twitter tomorrow" he laughed

"You're so childish" I chuckled before hearing a knock on the door of my hotel room. I said goodbye to my friend and rushed to open the door. As I did, I was surprised to see a smiley Pat in front of me. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked with a questioning look on my face

"Well, good evening to you too" he snorted, "I'm here because I need to keep an eye on you" he admitted, "there's a lot of attention on tonight since it's the boys' last concert and we don't want to cause a media frenzy now... do we?" 

"I think I can behave, don't you think?" I shook my head

"I may agree with you but Modest don't trust you enough anymore... the attention has to be on the boys" he shrugged, "I won't be bothering you, I promise"

"You know it's not about you" I shook my head, "I hate how they're trying to control my life" 

"That's their job" he sighed

"Their job is managing my career... not my life" I said, "it's very frustrating" 

"I know, love" he sat on the bed, "but there's nothing much you can do to change it... are you nervous about tonight?"

"Kind of..." I admitted as I continued doing my makeup. Truth to be told, I was really hoping - or should I say praying - that I was going to be able to avoid Harry. I was okay, I liked to believe that I had moved on, but the idea of being in the same room as him wasn't exactly thrilling. I smiled as I realized that if a fan had heard what I had just thought, she would have probably killed me. But, honestly, who would want to spend an evening with her ex (plus his friends and his family) that cheated on her with her best friend and didn't even fight for her? No one. 

Soon, I was in a car on my way to the venue and my heart beat was increasing as we were getting closer and closer. For some reason, in that moment, I was happy Pat had come along. I didn't want to be alone with them. I didn't know why, but I didn't feel like I had spent months with those boys, with their staff, with everybody. 

The driver opened the door for me, I took a second and, as I stepped outside, some paparazzi started taking pictures of me. It was the first time ever since I had announced my break so, at first, I was taken by surprise. As I realized that everybody was going to talk about those pictures, I decided to show my confidence and smiled sexily at the cameras.