91. Surprise, Surprise

April 6th 2017, London

"What's this lovely smell?" Harry asked as he entered the kitchen, before placing his hands on my hips and a kiss on my cheek,

"Chili," I replied, 

"You're spoiling me," he giggled, "how will I go on when I'm on tour... or, worse, you're on tour?"

"I think you will survive without my food," I laughed, 

"I won't survive without you!" he dramatically joked, before opening the fridge and getting a bottle of water out, "can you believe tomorrow is finally the day?" he asked as he sipped his glass of water, "I've been waiting for this for so long," 

"Are you nervous?" I asked

"A bit," he nodded, "but I'm so proud of it... that I don't care if it doesn't chart,"

"How can it not chart? It's the best song of 2017... because I haven't released anything yet obviously," I joked

"Oh... shut up, you vain little thing" he laughed, "I think I'm going to take a walk after dinner, will you come along?"

"Sure," I smiled, 

Tomorrow Sign Of The Times was going to be released worldwide and I could have bet all my money on its success but, on the other hand, even if he looked pretty chilled, I knew Harry was actually freaking out on the inside. I could notice it by the little details: he was spending more time reading, and he always did read a lot but when he was nervous he was used to getting lost in the books, he was using his phone even less than usual, he talked more and sometimes looked hyper, and because of that he went jogging or to the gym more. 

"Darling, is everything's settled for tomorrow night? If you need anything, call me xxx" I read on the screen and smiled at Anne's cuteness. I had, indeed, decided to organize a dinner to celebrate his comeback in the music scene and his mother, being the sweetest woman alive, had kindly offered her help. It was going to be a private supper in Harry's favorite restaurant of London with his closest friends and family and I just knew he was going to love it. 

"What's your plan for tomorrow?" I asked him, 

"I'm doing some call-interviews," he explained, "and that's it..." he laughed, "I'm going to the gym in the morning,"

"I'll meet you when you're done, so we can have breakfast together?" I smiled, 

"That would be lovely," he smiled back. 

After having dinner and realizing it was raining cats and dogs, we opted to stay in, take a cozy bath, chill out for a while and, even if it wasn't in the plan, we fell asleep on the couch while watching a random movie. 

When I woke up, I realized I was in bed, alone. I looked at the clock and realized it was already 10 AM so I immediately walked downstairs, hoping to still find Harry there. Unfortunately, I only found a post-it on the table saying "call me when you wake up x". Before calling him, I logged on Twitter and, as I saw that he was already first on iTunes in multiple countries, I couldn't help but feel proud. 

"Good morning, sleepyhead" Harry immediately answered his phone, 

"I can't believe my boyfriend is first in more than fifty countries with his first single as a solo artist!" I squealed, "I'm so fucking proud of you, Harry" 

"Thank you, love," he said and, for some reason, I could see him smile as he said that, "it really means a lot when you say it," 

"I would tell you I told you so... but I'm all about kindness so..." I laughed, "where are you?"