71. Begin Again

December 25th 2016, Northwich 

"Wake up Jade, it's time to prepare breakfast!" my brother, James, yelled as he entered my room. I was already awake so I turned around to face him and realized he was actually throwing himself on my bed, so I burst out laughing. He wrapped his arms around me and, to annoy me, he kissed my ear, before whispering "Merry Christmas, sissy". I tried to kick his leg but anticipated me by grabbing my ankle so we started wrestling, just like we used to do when we were kids. When we both were out of breath, we finally laid on the bed and stayed silent to recover. 

"First one to the kitchen doesn't do the dishes this morning," he said as he started running down the stairs. I followed him but, since he was well trained and played football twice a week, he obviously reached our destination first. 

"It's not right" I complained, "you're an athlete" 

"You run around stage all the time" he sassily replied, "I have a feeling that I'll need all the dishes to make this breakfast" 

"I swear to God, James, I'll kill you" I said before I realized we had the dishwasher, "actually, just use whatever you want" I corrected myself and began taking all the ingredients we needed out of the cupboards. My brother and I had been making the Christmas' breakfast for over ten years so we were pretty specialized: he cooked eggs and bacon, I cooked Christmassy pancakes and waffles. 

"Merry Christmas, my loves" my mum walked in as we were putting the final touches on our masterpieces, "what smells so delicious?"

"My bacon and eggs" James snorted

"Actually, I think it's my pancakes," I said, "mum, look how beautiful they are!" I squealed but she only giggled at me and my childish excitement, 

"Oh my God, I have to take a picture of them and post it on Instagram to my millions of followers" James mocked me 

"That's actually an amazing idea! Thank you!" I gave him the middle finger but, in response, he stabbed one of my works of art with his fork and ruined everything, "James!" I yelled and he burst out laughing so I just threw some flour at him

"Stop this right now, you two" my mum shook her head, "I swear, you're toddlers!" 

"What's this noise?" my father entered the room, still looking asleep

"Your children" my mum stated, annoyance clear in her voice

"Merry Christmas, daddy," I said, before running into his arms. He placed a sweet kiss on my forehead and I felt like his happy little girl again. 

Since we were finally all awake, it was time to eat our breakfasts, but, obviously, I took a picture of my pancakes before and posted it on all of my social medias.

"Merry Christmas everybody!! Are you celebrating? I certainly am and, to start my day on the right foot, I'm eating one of these pancakes! Can you believe I made them myself?? I'm quite proud of them haha  Anyways, I hope you have the nicest day

"Merry Christmas everybody!! Are you celebrating? I certainly am and, to start my day on the right foot, I'm eating one of these pancakes! Can you believe I made them myself?? I'm quite proud of them haha  Anyways, I hope you have the nicest day. Love you all x"