Chapter 26: I am Dead

~Aron~

I walk to go find the man I call my brother. Or at least used to.
I watch him from the trees and him dragging what looked like Tanner, with chains around his neck.

I see he is not alone. Mason and Hayley walking right behind him while they help him drag Tanner away. But what are they up to?
Or is the question what is he up to?
I then hear screaming from about not to far from here and watch Seth stop to moan in pain.

"Ah!" He kneels down on his side and Hayley runs rapidly to be next to him. "Seth?"

"Its..Ah!"

"Seth?!"
She held him gently.

"It's Venus."
He said in pain while holding his palm up to his forehead.

"Where is she?"

"Car accident" he said.

I run rapidly to her scent as fast as I could, and made sure I was gonna get there before they did. So I did, and I saw a Van up on flames.

"Venus!!!" I yelled as I ran towards the flamey Van. "Venus!!!!"

I get down on my stomach and find two dead bodies none where hers.
I look around worried out of my mind. I never thought I could feel this much lost and broken inside in my life.

"Venus where are you!!!"

Then I saw her body just a few inches away. I run toward her and I pick her up in my arms bridal style to keep her safe.

"A-aron?"
Her eyelids fluttered open as she spoke.

"I'm never gonna leave you again. You hear me. Never."
Then I kiss her forehead and run with her in my arms as we hear a loud explosion of a van behind us blowing up.

I was just in time before I heared Seth a mile away. That means if I can then he can sense me for sure. Especially Venus.

I layed her down on the fresh green grass. I then played with her hair and twisted strings of it around my fingers as she layed there. "Venus I'm so sorry. I just feel like since you met me I've done nothing but make your life complicated."
I sighed and continued to go on.

"I feel like everytime I try to protect you I end up hurting you instead."
I wipe my tears off on my sleeve and then I caress her cheek.

"That is why I have to let you go."
I kiss her soft and shiny lips one last time, even when she said I couldn't.
"I love you."
Then a minute later the ambulance came by and I let them take over. I left her and it was for a good reason and for the best.

It was to protect her without me actually protecting. It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life.

I stopped on the side of the road just feeling so incomplete. Then I see a figure up ahead walking towards me.

I froze.

Then I noticed and recognized who I was looking at. It was Seth with Hayley and Mason behind him like before; but this time there was no Tanner.

"Hello brother" he said.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him as he stepped closer to me to where he was in the middle of the road.

"Hayley, Mason, go grab him from his arms."
They then run up behind me and hold my arms behind my back. I didn't bother to try and break free. It wasn't worth the trouble.

"Well why are you being calm?"

"Go to hell."
I spit down in front of him and he smiled like he was enjoying it.