Chapter 18: The Hunter

(Edited)

~Savanna~

I put the hot pink crop top on and my black holey skinny jeans with it. Then as I checked my phone zero messages from Eli, I put my mascara on and then picked out the black and purple eyeliner. "Why do I bother to even wait up for him?" I asked myself out loud.

I sighed and then held my phone in my hand once more. I had Eli's contact on my screen and I was about to press it until my phone started ringing. I flinched a little and saw the name run across my screen...

Eli.

I answer or don't answer?

I don't like how we ended things and I certainly don't want him avoiding and hating me for the rest of my human life. So I answered.

I put the phone up to my ear and cleared my throat to say hello. But before I could even say hi he started talking in a shaky and nervous voice.

"Savanna?! Thank God you answered me I need your help!"
I stood up and I was starting to worry because I never heard this much fear in Eli's voice before.

"Eli? Whats wrong?!"

"Someones trying to kill me, you need to unlock your front door and then lock it when I say so you got it!" He said and it sounded like he was running.

"Where are you?"

"Outside your house..almost."
I rubbed my hand through my hair and huffed. "OK I got it."

I ran downstairs and heard him on the phone running through grass. My front yard was nothing but grass. "Ah! Leave me alone what do you want from me!"

"Eli!" I yelled on the phone to see if he was ok, I was so worried.

"I'm fine. NOW!"
I dropped my phone on the carpet and unlocked the front door to let Eli inside. I glance over his shoulder to find a black hooded man with a cross bow.

"Duck!" I duck my head and close the door to lock it. "Phew!" He said and he looked like he was wounded.

"Eli your hurt!"
I pointed to his shoulder and find a arrow sticking out of it.
He takes his shirt off and I right away then pink. "That looks bad." I said looking over at his shoulder.

"It burns like hell.''
I started pacing not knowing what to do. "What should I do tell me."

"You cut the arrow part which is the end, then when I say pull it out slowly."

I nod and get my kitchen scissors. "Eli I-"

He cuts me off, "Just. Do it."

"Oh and grab a towel or something to cover my wound fast so I don't bleed out."
"OK." I grab a towel and then bring it over to the coffee table to set it down.
I cut the pokey end off and then put the scissors down. I layed both hands on the arrow and waited for my que.

"Now."

Then I started to pull. "Ahh mother of hell!! kill me!!!" He screamed out the whole time as I pulled the arrow out and grabbed the towel I layed on the coffee table next to me and then put it quickly on his wound.

"Thank you." He said smiling at me.
I blushed a little and held the towel up to his shoulder wound. I wasn't sure if it was because his chest was bare naked or that he was staring at me with that smile I fell for, but I thought we were going to kiss.

"I miss you." I flat out said.
"What?"
He looked at me and grinned.

"Um I- I mean who the hell was trying to kill you?"