Chapter 23: Let me go

~Eli~

Now...

I saw her drop down on her knees right in front of my eyes. I saw her head fall off as she fell lifeless on the grass. I couldn't breathe, as if my life was over. I saw it, I saw everything.
"No no no! NO!"
I didn't have any other words to say except no. I was shocked of what just had happened and what he did.

"How could he!" I yelled and said it softer towards Venus as I turned towards her. "How could he?!"

Tears leaked out from my eyes and all I did was become utterly still and unable to speak clearly.
She looked at me crying as well and shook her head.

"Let's go."

"No."
I mumbled as I continued to stare at her blue lips and pale white face.
"We have to go now!"

I finally snapped out of it and we both left.

~Venus~

I can't believe he would do this! How could he? How could the love we had not be strong enough to break him...?
He killed an innocent girl!

He killed Savanna an innocent girl.

These thoughts ran through my head as we both ran out of there so that no one would try to break their promises of letting us go.

I look behind me and see that no one is chasing us. I started panting and then Eli plopped down on the dead grass breathing heavy.

"Eli?"

"Just leave me alone." He said as I kneeled beside him and didn't listen to him.
"Eli I'm worried about you, we been through alot. Seth-"
"Seth doesn't have any humanity left Venus, he's heartless." He said cutting me off as he sat up and looked at me.

''He's gone."

I stood up and shook my head at him. "No. I don't believe that!"

"Open your eyes Venus! He's gone and never coming back."
He stood up and I started to sob.

"Well thank you Eli for telling me something you have no idea is truly true."
I then wiped my face and started walking my way home.

"Venus I-"
I ignored him and just kept on walking.
Tonight was not the night for me.
I then decided to skip the party because why else would I go to a lousy party to get drunk a-
Actually thats what I need.

I turn the opposite direction and headed to Jonny's. I got there in about 5 minutes to find a huge crowd of people. The whole school has to be here.

"Hey!"
It was Aron he yelled over the music as he was across from me.
"Aron." I ran up and hugged him.
I wrapped my arms around him and smelled the scent of his colonge wash over me.

Why did he always smell good?
I pulled away and stared into his eyes.
"I am here to get my mind off of things."
The flashback of him being secretive just occured to me that he doesn't trust me.

"What happened?"
He asked me.

"Seth killed Savanna."

He clenched his jaw and looked upset.
"What is it?"
I asked him gently.

"The more he kills the less chance we have of bringing him back from the dark. His humanity.. It strips away more and more each time he kills."

Oh great.

"What do we do?! I have no clue how many people he killed because at this rate he will kill again."

He sighs and looks at me. "We will figure it out. In the mean time you can still feel everything he feels. Tell me what he's feeling."

"I only felt what he felt before because he had his humanity."
He shook his head at me.

"You can still try and see. I bet you know where he is right now."
He smiled and I closed my eyes to concentrate.

Seth...

I thought only Seth all the time so it wasn't that hard. I saw him and could actually feel something.

Guilt, anger, sadness...

"So let's decide where were gonna strike." Seth said as he was talking to his people.

"You sure you wanna do this? I mean she was once your girlfriend, and mate."

He looks up at Mason with full of emotions. "Yes."

I then opened my eyes to face Aron.
"So?"

"He's OK. But we may have a problem."
He cocked his head to the side with confusion and listened.

Thanks for reading! How are you enjoying this? Love to hear from you💟