NAMJOON and ERIN (Read after Page 11)

~~

After hanging up, NamJoon turned back to start walking along the street of California. Like what he said to Jimin and Jin, he flew to escape the problem with his family. It kills him and going to another place is his last resort.

~~

"Stop! Stop! Stop!!!" Two well-built men are running after Erin.

"No! Try to catch me!" Erin challenged them. She was really a fast runner and for every time these men come to catch her they just can't because Erin's an alert one. She could smell them if they're near her. She has a good sense that helps her a lot.

"Give back our money!!!" the taller guy said.

"Money your face! Dorks!" she said while laughing. Erin is heading a busy street where a lot of people walk. She really needs to escape from those who are chasing her.

"Out of the way! Out of the way!" she screamed in everyone that seems to block her way.

"OUT OF THE – OH SH*T!"

"AHHH!!!!" *insert sound effect xD

Erin had jarred into a guy who was just about to turn his way. They both fell on the grounds touching the part of their bodies that was pained by the accidental clash.

"WHY ARE YOU NOT LOOKING!?"

"ARE YOU DEAF? I SAID OUT OF THE WAY!"

--- both complained in chorus upon getting back on their feet.

But Erin reacted fast as he saw the two men who were near her already. "Oh No!!" She immediately grabbed the hand of NamJoon and started running again. Without knowing what was really happening, NamJoon too ran letting Erin to bring him anywhere.

"Hey! Why are we running?" NamJoon asked while they run and looking at his hand in Erin's possession.

"If you don't want to get hit by those dorks behind. Just run!" Erin answered shouting it so that NamJoon could hear it. NamJoon then looked behind and he saw two men who were really tired and trying hard to catch them.

Erin saw the street light on the other side of the street that warns to be in green light again. She immediately maneuvered and turned left for them to cross the street before the green light. Finally they reached the other side of the street before the light change and the two men were left on the other side.

She then released NamJoon's arms and waved at those chasing her while shouting, "Nice Try!" She laughed at them who was now sitting on the ground because of tiredness.

~~

NamJoon and Erin ended up drinking on a café quite far on the street where they left those men. Erin was then starving for food and just finished her sandwich.

"Why are they chasing you?" NamJoon asked after drinking his mango flavored fruit tea.

Erin looked at her and smiled, "I beat them ... in the casino." She said while drinking her tea until ice was left.

"Tsk" NamJoon shook his head, "Casino? Gambler." he said smirking with his arms crossed across his chest.

"Hey! I do it for living!" Erin defended her self.

"You're young but you're already playing in Casinos? Where are you parents?" NamJoon said. He was disappointed. Erin looked young, with a cute face and a fair skin plus she's a little skinny, NamJoon could probably conclude that Erin was younger than her.

"Shut up man!" Erin said while looking at him. "My parent's died a year ago." She bluntly said. NamJoon then paused as he was shocked at what Erin had said.

"I'm ... I'm sorry" he apologized sincerely. Erin smirked at him seeing his reaction.

"Sorry?" she smiled. "No need. I'm used to it." She said leaning on her chair. "It's hard to leave without your parents, so if you still have both, you're lucky and be thankful. Besides, I think Dad and Mom are okay seeing that I am okay." She ended. NamJoon was stoned looking at her. She doesn't have her parents with here but here she is facing life bravely.

"Where are you from? With your eyes, I can say that you're a foreigner." She said to change the topic but NamJoon seemed to be out of the world. "HEY!" She snapped her finger in front of NamJoon's face and it made him go back to his consciousness.

"Oh—Yes. I'm from ... from Korea." He said and took a sip on his drink.

Erin smiled. "Ohhh ... Nice meeting you! I'm Erin!" she said giving her hand to NamJoon. NamJoon smiled and took her hand for a hand shake.

"It's nice to meeting you too in such a dramatic way. I'm NamJoon" he said revealing his chinito eyes.

Talking to strangers is usually absurd but not this time with NamJoon and Erin. They spend the whole day talking and sharing facts with each other. NamJoon and Erin were of the same age contrary to what NamJoon had concluded earlier.

~~

"So, why are you here?" Erin asked as they both wander the night street.

"Ahh ... " NamJoon scratched his temple. "To skip home." He said.

Erin looked at her with a frown, "Skip home?" she smirked "Rich Kid!" she teased him.

NamJoon smiled and sighed. "No. My parents are legalizing their separation. And I hate it. So... I flew here." He explained while Erin looked at him earnestly. He looked at Erin. "I did it before, when I was young – AWW!" NamJoon exclaimed. He was hit by Erin who jumped to reach his head. "What's that for?" he asked.

"I told you you're lucky for having your parents! Now that you said they're separating what are you doing here?!" she said scolding at him. NamJoon listened to each word she said. "Whaay!" Erin sighed. "It's not that I am over reacting here, but .." she tapped NamJoon's shoulder. "Being their son, do you think you should be the one to talk to them?" She was right.

NamJoon remained silent for a moment; He and Erin were looking at each other for quite a few minutes.

He smiled at her. She smiled at him. He put his arm on Erin's shoulder and began pulling her to continue walking.

"Thank You" he said feeling lighter with what Erin had pointed out. They continued walking on the streets while still nurturing their new found friendship.

~~