PAGE 84

~~

I woke up a little late, it was already 8am. But it is fine since our flight schedule is 11am. I have enough time to prepare. Besides, I'm almost done.

I walked directly to my bathroom to take a shower. But I was surprised as I saw a note on the mirror. I got an idea who did it came from.

I detached the note and cleared my vision from waking up in order for me to read it. 'Thank you for letting me used your bathroom when I don't like to go home after the retreat. Remember? –Jin' I bit my lower lip as I confirmed that it was Jin who did it. Instead of taking a shower I walked through my unit hoping to see another note from him.

And I was right. I saw another note on the fridge. 'Thank You for cooking noodles for me'. Now I think I was about to cry again. I continued walking and found a note on my study table. 'Thank you for our first night together. Remember that report? You almost broke your head from falling but I happened to catch you. Thank you for that moment.' I started crying as I finished reading it.

I brushed off my eyes through my unit and I saw JinBear on the couch. I walked towards him and saw a bouquet of flowers in its hands. I got the flowers and saw a folded note in it. 'Thank You' it says. I put down the flowers beside me as I sat beside JinBear.

~~

'Thank You ...

Thank you for letting me love you despite of my rotten unpredictability and attitude ...

Thank you for making me realize that I could change and that I could be a better Jin ...

Thank you for not giving up on me despite of me giving up on you ...

Thank you for the happiness that you gave me whenever I am with you...

Thank you for letting me live again ...

Thank you for completing me ...

Thank you for loving me ...

I know that this won't change anything.

I gave up and now you're restarting your life not with me ... but with him ...

It kills me ...

Seriously ...

However, I wish pure happiness for the both of you ...

I wish that he's not going to make you cry like what I did ...

I hope he can be a better man that will take care of you ...

I hope he can give you everything I failed to give and do ...

Until the very end, I LOVE YOU.

~~

I wept as I finished reading his letter. It shattered me pieces to pieces, bits to bits. 'I LOVE YOU' it was repeated in my head. It's his first I love you to me. I was supposed to be happy to read it from him but I am feeling pain as I know that I couldn't answer his love back. It's late. He was too late.

I let myself cried for the last time because of Jin. I let myself grieve as I was hugging his bear version. Wishing that it could turn to be Jin. I wept as I knew that I will be losing the man I really wanted to be with. I wept as I need to forget everything about him in order to give Jung Kook a fair start.

~~

'Thank you and take care'

That's the bottom line of NamJoon, Erin, Jimin and Andi's farewell words to me. They were at the airport to see me for the last time. I was thankful that they'd understood my situation and that they accepted Jin and I's fate whole heartedly. Since Jin and I broke up, our friendship didn't alter at least a point percent. Jimin, who was my first friend, was tearing as I thank him. Above all, my deepest thanks are with him for being so welcoming, accommodating and loving emergency friend to me. I gave them a sincere hug before Jung Kook and I checked in inside. It's sad that Jin's not around, but I thought that it would be better that way. Less pain, at least.

Jung Kook and I were already sitting inside the plane bound for London. Ten more minutes and it will take off as its schedule. I was looking at the window pane with my mind far from my body. I was still holding Jin's farewell letter, I was supposed to throw it but every time I try, I just can't do it.

"Are you okay?" Jung Kook asked me but I wasn't paying attention. I heard him but it didn't register well in my brain. "Hey, are you okay?" he repeated again as he nagged my shoulders.

"What?!" I asked him as noticed him asking me.

"I am asking you if you're okay." Jung Kook repeated.

"Ahhh~ yes. I am okay." I answered forcing a smile at him.

"Good Liar" he commented again pinching my nose. He laughed as I closed my eyes avoiding it.  "Don't ever try lying to me. Ist's easy to know when you're saying the truth or not." He said pulling my nose.

"Aww! It hurts!" I said trying hard not to shout it out. He then let go of my nose and stared at me. as I was recovering for my nose, I then looked at him back. "Why is that look?" I asked him. He was really looking at my strangely. And I don't feel any comfort seeing him like that.

"Enough" he uttered.

"What?" I wanted him to repeat it as I didn't hear him clearly. "What did you say?" I repeated.

"I said, this is enough. BE HAPPY AND STAY WITH HIM." he said as a tear fell from his eyes. He was smiling yet he was hurting.

"Jung Kook~" I plead as I got his message. I was awed by his statement but I am thinking that he was just hallucinating. It was just his medication's side effect.

"Don't think about me no more ..." he paused as he wiped off his tears. "I promise to do the chemo and will come back here cancer free." He assured me. I smiled as I saw sincerity in his eyes.

"Be happy and stay with him... that is my last wish." He said pinching my cheeks.

Tears of joy began falling. I held his hand and squeezed it tightly. I got his head and kissed his forehead. "Thank you~" I said.

"What are you waiting for?" he said as he pointed out the exit area. "few minutes more and they will be closing the gate. Pal li. Run!" he said standing from his seat to give me a way. I smiled at him and stood up.

"Thank you!" I repeated.

"Naaah~ if you don't stop thanking me you'll be dead! Pal li!" he said smiling. Just by that and I started stepping my way out of the plane.

~~