PAGE 46

~~

It was already dark when the whole class reached the port where the same buses await. Everyone was dead tired enjoying their last day at the island. Indeed, the retreat was a success.

Everyone was waiting for the teacher's signal to get in the bus. The troupe including Jung Kook was on the same cottage to rest. The couple were sleeping actually Jimin was sleeping on Andi's shoulder, NamJoon was busy texting somebody, Jung Kook beside you was listening to his music player while Jin was leaning on the wooden chair while holding your hand and trying to take a nap.

You remained silent as you feel a slight increase of your temperature. After soaking with the boys and Andi on the beach you felt a little chill but you didn't mind it no more. But now, you're feeling chills again. Being thankful, you felt okay as it was not the same chill that you had last night.

Jin opened his eyes and pulled your hand slightly, you looked at him. "You okay? You're ... kinda hot again." He said while touching your forehead.

You smiled at him, "I'm okay. It's just a mild fever"  you said. But Jin wasn't convinced that you were okay. He was getting afraid that you might collapse again. He was worried all at once.

"Are you really sure?" He asked again and you nodded at him

Jung Kook heard your conversation and removed his earphones and faced the two of you. "<Y/N> ... do you want to go with me? The car is ready. I can take you to the hospital for a checkup." He offered. He too was worried.

"Hey ... Im okay" you said as you looked at him. You're getting a little irritated at these two men. For you they were like over reacting. You're okay. You know you're okay.

Jin looked at Jung Kook like saying, 'what the hell—. Jung Kook stared back.

"Stop that staring! It doesn't help!" you said as you pushed their faces away simultaneously. They looked away too.

Jin sighed and grabbed your hand again. He looked at you eye to eye and you can feel his concern for you. He sighed as he seemed to find courage to say these words. "He's right." He paused. "He can take you at the hospital faster than we could. Go with him instead of taking the tour bus." He said.

You were stoned at his suggestion, Jung Kook was surprised. You both looked at him really unbelieving what's happening and what you heard from him.

"Dude, are you serious?" Jung Kook asked him. He obviously doubted if it was Jin who said it.

Jin looked at him. "Just make sure that she will be checked in a hospital and will go home safely." He confirmed. Now you looked at him in great wonder.

Jung Kook stood up and wore his back pack, he smiled at Jin and said, "Of course ... I will bring her home safely." He assured Jin.

"Are you ... sick?~"  you asked Jin. He's not angry. He even suggested it. What's happening to him? Is he okay? Does the head bang between him and Jung Kook affected his way of thinking? Is he really the Jin you know??

He just looked back at you and smiled. "No. I just want to make sure that you'll be okay." He said as he messed up your hair.

~~

Jin helped Jung Kook to put your things inside the car and when everything was ready, it's time to say goodbye for a short time of parting. You and Jin talked while Jung Kook got in the car first.

"Thank You" you said. You don't know what it is to be thankful about to Jin for his sudden changes but it just rushed in that you need to say thank you to him. He was now in front of you. He looked at you in a thoughtful manner.

He smiled back but a forced one and bent to hugged you tightly. You can sense his worries and fear and to let it go away, you hugged him back too.

"I don't know what would happen to me if something bad will happen to you again ... " he said with a saddened voice. "Please take care ... and call me. Huh?" he said as he let you go.

"Aye aye Sir!" you responded trying to lift his spirit. "I'll be okay ... I can feel the healing power of your hug now. "you said smiling. With the wit that you showed, he smiled at you with an ease.

Jung Kook went out the car. He lost his patience waiting for you inside to finish your farewell. He was thinking that the earlier you leave the place the earlier he can take you to the hospital. He cleared his throat to remind the two of you of the situation.

You and Jin looked at him. He looks adorable as he pretended looking at the sky above and uttered 'it's getting late' in a seemingly innocent way.

"Ohh—I'm sorry!" you said as you got his secret message. You then opened the door and get in. But before you close it, you looked at Jin for the last time and waved goodbye. He too waved with a smile.

"Jung Kook ..." Jin called right after you close the door. Jung Kook then stared at him.

"I trust you." he said with a serious stare. "Take care of her." Jin ended.

In reverse, Jung Kook gave him a smile. "I will surely will." He answered. "We'll go now" Jung Kook said as he also gets in the car.

After a quick horn, the car started moving as Jin was left watching for you to leave the place. He went back to cottage silently and after a few minutes, they were asked to get in the bus too.

~~

"<Y/N> ?? ... <Y/N> ... wake up, we're at the hospital already." Jung Kook said as he shook your shoulder slightly for you to wake up. You slept for the whole duration of your travel making Jung Kook's lap as your pillow. Now, it's to get up and get in the hospital

"Oh Kookie!" the doctor exclaimed upon entering her office. She was obviously surprised seeing Jung Kook. She even called him Kookie—Jung Kook's childhood name.

"Hi doc!" Jung Kook greeted back as he kissed and approached the doctor.

"How are you dear?" The Doctor asked as she took her seat. "Do you feel anything bad?"

"I fell good—

"Are you taking all your medicines?"

"My vitamins? Yes –

"Do we need to check your–

"I'm totally fine doc." Jung Kook cut the doctor's nonstop questions. He got your arm and pulled you from hiding behind him.

"I'm here because I want you to check her." Jung Kook said your purpose.

"Oahhh ... "the doctor said. " Your girlfriend? She's pretty huh?" she commented

"YES!" – Jung Kook

"NO!" – you.

You answered in chorus.

"Hey!?" you complained looking at your best friend. He was then laughing with his brightest smile while looking at you.

The doctor laughed at the both of you. "Oh, you looked cute together." She stood up and walked near you. You watched the doctor as she held Jung Kook's shoulders, turned him to face the door and pushed him. "Okay now, little man. Get out and I'll inspect your ..." Jung Kook was now outside "girlfriend" and the doctor closed the door.

~~