PAGE 56

~~

You saw Jung Kook lying down on his bed sleeping as you entered his unit. You found it a great chance to fix your little surprise. You then prepared the cake that you brought on the table. You slowly put the candles on it. You got your bag to get the additional props, a party hat, a birthday banner, and a small party popper. You also bought a pizza to eat and his favorite coffee from the coffee shop. When everything’s fixed you wore one of the party hats and lighted the candles one by one.

You jumped on his bed and yanked him to wake him up but he didn’t moved. So you yanked him harder while whispering to his ear, “Birthday Boy, wake up!” after several try, Jung Kook moaned. You then got off the bed and got the party popper ready.

Success! Jung Kook opened his eyes. And as soon as he sat on his bed you twisted the popper and it exploded causing Jung Kook to tremble as he was surprised with its sound. He looked at you in awe as the confetti of the popper fell everywhere.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” you exclaimed. Jung Kook then got up to get near you and thanked you with a hug. You got his hand and pulled him towards the dining table where the cake and his birthday candles await. You pulled a chair to let him sit as he just watched your movements with a smile. You gently put the part hat on his head and immediately sat in front of him.

‘Happy Birthday to you …’ you began singing as your eyes began watering

‘Happy Birthday to you …’ you’re seeing Jung Kook smiling while watching you

‘Happy Birthday … Happy Birthday …’ tears were falling but you were fast wiping them out

‘Happy Birthday to you!’ you ended smiling at him.

“You can now blow your candles and make a wish!” You said. He too blew the candles off and the two of you clapped celebrating.

“Oh ~ wait! Where’s your wish?” you asked him as you noticed that he didn’t close his eyes for a wish.

“I don’t need to have another wish.” He said smiling. “Because my wish is now with me.” he said as he got up and went behind you to hug you. “Thank you so much” he said sweetly as he whispered it. You smiled at him and before went back to his chair, he pecked a kiss on your cheek.

“Did you like my surprise?” you asked him excitedly.

And upon sitting again he nodded. “This is the best birthday party for me!” he said while fetting his phone on and began taking pictures on his birthday surprise. You believed him, you can see happiness in his eyes. And you’re overwhelmed hearing him say that.

“Ahh … I still have another gift.” You said as you bent and got something under your chair. He then stopped taking pictures and put down his phone to see what have you got for him. You put an empty clear bottle with a note inside on top of the table. You pushed the bottle slowly and he immediately got it.

“A wine bottle?” he asked as he tried to inspect what’s inside.

“Yes. Try to open it!” you excitedly commanded him and with just a snap of a finger he was reading what’s inside.

‘Wish do come true, Wish do go,

But as a Birthday present from me,

You’ve got three wishes to blow’

“Three wishes?” he looked at you after reading the note.

You nodded. “Hmm. Three wishes!” you confirmed. “I will do whatever you wish … as long as I can do it!” you said smiling at him.

He put the note back into the bottle as he smiled back. He crossed his arms on top of the table and said, “Okay. I’ll think of it.” He said and in a blink, he put a bulk of icing on your nose while giggling.

“OMONA!” In shocked with his moved, you immediately looked for vengeance.  You stood up and went behind him and locked his head with your arm.

“AHH! No!” He begged as he tried to escape from you.

“No your face!” you said as you reached your hand to get a generous amount of icing from the cake. “Here’s an icing facial for you!” you said spreading it all over his face while laughing.

You ran to get away from him while he wiped his face. “Oh! It looked good to you!” you said teasing him.

“ Ahh … You want a fight huh!?” he said while getting another icing from the cake. In a split sec he began chasing you and the two of you ran all over his unit throwing icing with other and laughing.

~~

The two of you ended up lying on the floor while gasping for air. You’re both tired from running all over after the icing fight.

“That … was … fun!” Jung Kook said in between his breathing while still laughing.

“Yah  ... “you said catching your breath too. You flipped to look at him but end up giggling as you saw Jung Kook’s face with icing all over. He too flipped to face you but he too laughed seeing you.

“You looked horrible!” you teased him.

“You looked terrible!” he answered back.

And you started laughing again.

“It’s time.” He said while looking at his watch. You looked at him. “C’mon! Let’s clean up, I’ll show you something!” he said excitedly. And the two of you walked directly to the sink to wash your face.

~~