PAGE 54

~~

“So what brings you here? Do you feel something bad?” Dr. Gu asked you as she lets you sit inside her office.

You shook your head hardly. “No doc. I am totally fine. Thank You for taking care of me.” you said politely getting really shy.

She smiled and it made you feel at ease. “It’s my duty honey. Then what brings you here?” she asked as she leaned on her chair.

You slowly put the empty bag of medicine on top of her table. She straightened up sitting obviously shocked into what you have showed her.

“Where did you get it Ms. Yoon?” she asked you in panic.

You looked at her and bowed seeing your stomping feet. “I got it from Jung Kook’s unit doc.” You honestly said. You lifted your head and looked in her eyes. “Doc, is Jung Kook sick?” you asked him directly. And for a moment Dr. Gu became silent. “Doc, I heard you yesterday at the restaurant. Doc, is my best friend sick?” you asked her again with tears slowly forming in your eyes.

Dr. Gu stood up and moved to sit on the chair in front of you. She got both your hand and sighed. “Yes.” Now you’re in tears hearing an affirmation in your conclusion. “He’s sick” she added with a sad voice.

~~

You walked slowly like a zombie as you got out from Dr. Gu’s office. You were heading on the elevator after hearing an explanation from Dr. Gu.

‘He got it when he was 7 years old … it’s a chronic kind’

The things that Dr. Gu explained to you keeps on repeating in your mind while walking.

‘That is also why he spent the last ten years in London … because they got the latest treatment and cure for his condition’

You almost fall down as your knees went weak. Your vision too turned blur when tears fell one by one.

‘But now, his condition is getting worse.’

You stopped in front of the elevator waiting it to open.

‘His bone marrow doesn’t respond well from the medicines he’s taking.’

You entered in tears as the elevator opened.

‘I want him to go back to London to catch up proper and advanced treatment, but he’s hard headed. He wanted to stay with you.’

With you alone inside the elevator, you explode weeping like a kid. You leaned on the wall kneeling as you covered your mouth crying. Jung Kook has leukemia. He was suffering from it since you’re kids, and you were never aware from it since today. It shattered you into pieces as you heard Dr. Gu’s last statement. ‘If he will not go back to London, Jung Kook will die’

~~

“Hey <Y/N>! Tomorrow’s my birthday! Let’s skip class huh? I don’t want to spend my birthday in school!” Jung Kook said as he yanked your seat from behind. You looked at him blankly.

“<Y/N>! Let’s go and watch movie huh?! And I want to blow a birthday cake.” you were like a stone looking at him

“And after that, I want to watch a firework display at night!” he said with a bright smile on you still looking at him blankly with your mind floating on the outer space. He then noticed your absence and knocked your forehead lightly. “Yoon <Y/N>! Are you even listening!?” he asked you pulling you back on Earth.

You blinked as you heard him shouting at you. You automatically smiled and nodded with his request which you didn’t hear actually. “Okay, let’s do all of that tomorrow.” You agreed satisfying him. He then smiled at you sweetly.

~~