PAGE 25

"So?" you said wanting him to continue. You and Jung kook were in a coffee shop near your apartment.

He sipped his coffee and said, "So ... I'm not going anywhere. I'm not going back in London. I'll be here ... with you" Jung kook confirmed.

You froze.

You knew Jung Kook since birth. You knew each other since your parents were close friends and business partners at the same time. He was your best friend, your only friend and your first 'love'. But when you were seven years old, he migrated to London to study. It was very painful as a kid that your only friend was leaving you alone. He promised to be back. You made a pack that someday, when you reach the right age, he will be back and you'll marry each other and will build a family together. That was your little kiddish promise and for years you kept it.

You crumpled the tissue beside the cup of your frappe and threw it on his face but he was hit on his forehead.

"Ahh—" he said as he hold his forehead. "Hey!? What's the matter with you?" he asked

You stared at him. You can't control your temper but you don't know what you were feeling. Whether you're angry because he didn't say he's coming or you're happy because he was in front of you right now or it's just that you missed him terribly. Suddenly, tears came rushing like falls from your eyes. You can't help but to cry.

"He ... Hey" Jung Kook said as he tried to reach your face and wipe your tears. "<Y/N> ... stop crying" he said calmly.

"Ten Years ..." you began speaking. Jung Kook then became quiet staring at you. "For ten years, I've waited for you." You said wiping your tears. "You are my only friend. You know that huh? But years passed and I didn't had any news from you!" you said as you hit his shoulder.

"Aww – " he complained! "That hurts, huh?!" he said

"No letters! No calls! No Merry Christmas, no happy New Year! And no Birthday greeting from you!" you continued. Now you're crying like a kid. "Do you have an idea how much I worry about you?!" you said as you wiped your tears with both hands.

Jung Kook stood up and went behind you. He bent and hugged you from behind. His arms were around your neck and his face was just beside your right cheek. He smiled.

"Im sorry <Y/N> ..." he said as he tightened his hug. "Now that I'm back ... I promised not to leave you again. Never." He said and kissed you gently on your cheeks. "Stop crying. Huh?!" he said and you nodded as a response.

He went back to his chair and took a sipped of his coffee when he remembered something.

"Hey" he called you as you were drinking your cappuccino frappe. "Hmmn?" you looked at him while drinking.

"Remember our wedding promise?!" he said with a smile. That made you choked and burst out the drink from your mouth. Lucky him that you didn't burst your drink in his face.

"The what?!" you said with your eyes almost sticking out.

"Our wedding promise!" he said repeating it with his brightest smile.

"Ahhh ..." you said nodding wearing a fake smile. "Yah ..."

'He didn't forget it. Omona!' you thought

"Jung Kook ... do you think ... it was just a childish promise?" you asked him.

His face went gloomy from being bright.

"Hey! Do you know how many girls are running after me in London?! I declined all of them! Because I said I'm already engaged." He said complaining while actually bragging himself. "Have you forgotten that I was your first ki---"

He didn't have the chance to finish his testimony because you went near him and covered his mouth. He was talking so loud catching the whole coffee shop's attention.

"Haaayy!" you said as you bowed to every direction of the shop and said you're sorry.

Releasing his mouth you said, "you don't have to say it! Aisshh!"

He laughed and stood up. "See you at school!" he turned around and started walking.

Left with wonder you said, "at ... school?" you looked at his way and shouted "Hey!" you stood up and ran after him.